Eberspächer Airtronic Heaters: An Overview
Author: Tahlia Maynard Date Posted:21 October 2016
The German Eberspächer company is a renowned manufacturer of mobile heating and cooling units. Eberspächer’s Airtonic heating line has become extremely popular in the RV industry for its innovative use of advanced oxidation catalyst technology; a technology which allows for high-performance cooling and heating without the risk of odors and smoke.
The following few paragraphs will be providing a brief overview of everything you need to know about Eberspächer Airtronic diesel heating units.This article will only be covering Eberspächer Airtronic heating units and NOT the Eberspächer Hydronic water heating systems.
Is Diesel a Safe Heating Option?
Although some campers can get a bit worried at the mention of 'diesel heating', diesel technology has advanced by leaps and bounds since it became popular in the late 1970s. As mentioned, Eberspächer heating units, in particular, function using advanced oxidation catalyst technology.
This oxidation catalyst has been demonstrated to provide a quiet, high-powered performance AND low-emission operation. This means that you don’t have to worry about thick, diesel fuel clouds.
In fact, diesel heating units are completely accepted at all major caravan parks due to their quiet and odorless nature. There are even diesel heating units, such as the Eberspächer Airtronic D4 and D4+, which are engineered to run off 100% biodiesel, making them an incredibly environmentally-friendly option. In short, yes. Modern diesel technology is an extremely safe heating option.
The Eberspächer Name
With over 40 years of experience in the caravanning industry, Caravan RV Camping always recommends Eberspächer Airtronic heating units to customers who take their heating needs seriously. Eberspächer UK was founded in 1977 as a branch of the Eberspächer Climate Control System of Germany, a system centered on increasing the amount of diesel heating units found in mobile vehicles.
Eberspächer Airtronic Features
In addition to safety and reputation, Eberspächer Airtronic units also bring a few other direct benefits to the table. These include:
- Eliminating the need to have to transport large gas bottles and connections (as the system runs directly from your RV’s fuel tank)
- Being incredibly efficient when it comes to both fuel and electricity consumption
- Having an extremely brief installation process (as they are capable of being installed under your RV’s floor or directly inside the engine compartment)
- Having the quietest operation on the market (as well as the quietest power setting currently available)
- Being 100% odorless
- Being accepted in all major caravan parks and camps (without having to buy extra accessories or add-ons).
- Being incredibly user-friendly and easy to operate (via pre-programming, a remote control, or right from your Smartphone)
- Being one of the EASIEST systems to repair and maintain
Best Eberspächer Airtonic Models
Although “best” is really a matter of preference, most customers opt to purchase either a D2 or D4 model. The D2 is a compact unit created for standard-sized caravans and RVs, while the D4 model is geared towards larger RVs, in particular.
To further explore Eberspächer’s Airtronic line. For any other questions or concerns, please feel free to contact Caravan RV Camping directly at 1800-RV-PARTS.