AUTOTERM Diesel Air Heater 12volt 2kw Kit with Digital Controller. 2D12PU27
Reviews: Rated 5/5 based on 3 reviews. SKU: 100-02504 Learn More»
AUTOTERM Diesel Air Heater 12volt 2kw Kit with Digital Controller. 2D12PU27
- Silent pump. The Autoterm manufactured fuel dosing pump reduces noise output by 95% - perfect for the lightest sleepers.
- Brushless fan motor. No one else is using this technology that provides much more torque and longer lifetime of the motor.
- Stepless fan speed. All other heaters use fixed fans speed steps, but Autoterm computer algorithm can precisely choose the fan speed required to achieve the best heater temperature response, which maintains room temperature more accurately and allows more efficiency from the heater.
- Balanced fan. Each heater fan assembly is run on a balancing machine, the balancing prevents noise and vibration from the heater even at its max speed of 4500rpm. Prevents premature wear of the heater.
- Air intake silencer included. This is a genuine silencer that helps make Autoterm heaters the quietest heaters in the market.
- Superb quality control. Every component has an individual serial number and quality control is taken very seriously. Autoterm heaters are ISO 9001 compliance and CE approved. As there is no current compliance required in Australia, we make sure all European and UK approvals are adhered to, plus every heater is run on a computer controller test bed for one hour, from every production run, one heater is run for 3000 hours.
- Local support. We carry a full range of spare parts and our team is available to answer all queries.
- Factory support. Whilst we are locally responsible to help with any possible issue, the Autoterm factory guarantees a worldwide 2-year warranty on any heater purchased, with a 24 hour help line available.
- Russian and German componentry. Over 90% of the heater is made in house, in Russia, the balance of componentry like the ducting and vents are manufactured in Germany. Autoterm is the 3rd largest manufacturer of Diesel Heaters in the world. This gives assurance of all quality steps and procedures.
- Operation at -40 degrees. These heaters are built not to fail. They are relied on all over the world to provide heat in extreme weather conditions.
The PU-27 Digital Controller is the recommended controller for most people as once you have it set up, you simply press one button and adjust the temperature up or down. It also has other functions the Rotary Controller does not such as multi day timers.
- Fuel: diesel
- Fuel Consumption: 0.1-0.24 L/h
- Hot Air Flow: 34-75 m3/h
- Set Weight: 6.5kg
- Power Consumption: min 10W to max 29W
- Stepless DC Induction Motor
- Made in Europe
- Dimensions: 119 x 145 x 310 mm (W x H x D)
Complete Installation Kit with Digital Controller comes with:
- Heater and Controller
- Fuel Pump and 6m Cable
- Power Cable with Fuses 6.5m
- Controller Cable 1.8m
- Air Intake Hose 65cm and Air Intake Silencer 18cm
- Fuel Pump Rubber Holder-Supporting Brackets
- Mounting Base Plate
- Clamps and Screws
- Muffler with Mounting Kit
- Fuel Hose 10m
- Spiral Wound Exhaust Pipe 1m
- Heat Insulation for Exhaust 45cm
- Fuel Standpipe 68cm
- Air Intake grill
- Heater Vent
- Heater Ducting 1.2m
NOTE: Whilst the heater kits come with a fuel pick up, they do not come with a tank, see 100-02510 for the fuel tank.
Product Category RV Heaters and Hot Water
Fuel (Type): Diesel
Fuel Consumption: 0.10 - 0.24 l/h
NOTE: see full product specifications & further product info in the Description section on this page.
Warranty Period: 2 Years
Warranty Details: Please CLICK HERE for Warranty Information on this product
- We ship Australia-wide with national road express freight companies such as Star Track, TNT and Toll.
- Small Items are sent with Australia Post via regular post.
- Delivery times are generally 3-5 days from day of dispatch for major cities (sometimes quicker). Please allow longer for regional and remote areas.
- Once your item(s) have been dispatched, we will provide you freight tracking information so you can track your delivery to your door.
- Items are fully insured during the freight process.
- Unfortunately we cannot deliver to PO Boxes.
- For further details on our Delivery Process you can visit our Delivery Page HERE.
Important Covid-19 Comment: during these difficult times, our dispatch and delivery times are longer than normal. Please allow additional days for delivery over and above the normal estimates outlined above.
Autoterm diesel heaterBy: Craig Morton on 12 July 2021
Excellent product works great
Autoterm diesel heaterBy: peter Betts on 14 June 2021
I just installed a Autotearm 2D12PU27 easy to install runs so quite very happy customer I have a 26feet motorhome good product Thanks Peter
Autoterm diesel heaterBy: Doug Mitchell on 7 May 2021
Very impressed, have had a well known diesel heater before but this unit outperforms it
Can I install my diesel heater under the bed?
Yes, you can. Just note that there will be some noise due to the intake of the heater as well as a ticking sound from the fuel pump. Therefore, it is probably best to install the heater away from the bedroom.
How does the size of the area to be heated affect which diesel heater to purchase?
A larger area might require a twin outlet or a more powerful heater.
- A 2kW diesel heater will be sufficient for a vehicle around 4-6 metres
- If the layout affect the heat flow or the area is a bit larger, a twin outlet is recommended
- With a large motorhome or fifth wheeler, it is best to opt for a 4kW diesel heater
Does the diesel heater come with a fuel tank?
No, a fuel tank is not included with the purchase of a diesel heater. You will need to add a fuel tank to your order. However, if the vehicle runs on diesel, you will be able to plumb into the vehicle's fuel tank.
Can I use biodiesel or kerosene to fuel the diesel heater?
No, it is recommended that you only use high grade diesel, and not biodiesel or kerosene.
What is the difference between the rotary and digital controllers for diesel heaters?
- Rotary controllers do not have a thermostat and consist of a dial that is based on feel and you will need to turn it up or down until you are satisfied with the temperature. The heat will remain constant once set to a specific dial position.
- Digital controllers have a thermostat and you are able to digitally select a temperature. These controllers also have a timer that can be set if you only want to run the heater for a certain amount of time.
- It is recommended the digital controller be installed at waist height as a result of heat rising. It will reach its temperature too soon if installed too high or will have to work too hard if the thermostat is too low.
Should I buy a gas or diesel heater?
It depends on your personal requirements. Please see the pros and cons of both below:
- Most caravans already have gas appliances so adding a gas heater is relatively straightforward
- Purchase cost is lower than a diesel heater
- Noise is lower than diesel heater
- A number of regulatory requirements apply for installation: a gas heater flue cannot be installed too close to a window, door or other gas appliance inlet or outlet, or under an enclosed annex
- A licensed gas fitter is required to connect the gas heater and provide a compliance certificate
- In temperatures of two degrees and under, the heater wonï¿½t function
- Produces a wet heat resulting in unwanted humidity and condensation
- You donï¿½t need a licence for installation
- Superior heating performance compared to a gas heater
- Produces a clean dry heat as opposed to the wet heat produced by a gas heater
- More expensive to buy than a gas heater
- Generally noisier than a gas heater
- You need a clear space below the heater for the exhaust
- Extra diesel tank needed