Enerdrive DC2DC Battery Charger - 12V 40A
Reviews: Rated 5/5 based on 4 reviews. SKU: EN3DC40 Learn More»
Enerdrive DC2DC Battery Charger - 12V 40A
The Enerdrive 40amp DC2DC Battery Charger with combined Solar Regulator is designed to accept multiple voltage inputs allowing you to charge your batteries through your vehicles alternator or your caravans solar panels. This means you can take advantage of the vehicles alternator whilst moving and your solar panels while you are stationary. The unit will automatically detect and select the best available input source for you. Most other DC2DC chargers do not have this capability and a separate solar controller is needed.
EXPERT TIP: The Enerdrive 60Amp & 70Amp breakers are common accessories suitable for the Enerdrive EN3DC40+ 40A DC to DC charger. Additionally, the 3 pre-wired & fused charging cables are also a great addition, see manuals & drawings for further information. All the accessories are available in the Accessory List above as optional extras.
DC2DC Battery Charger 40A /12V
- Multiple charging inputs allow you accept voltage from your engine and solar panels and convert to 1 output to your battery bank.
- Large battery cable connections - DC M6 screw terminals
- Includes inbuilt (MPPT) solar regulator
- Ability to charge Lithium, Lead Crystal, GEL, AGM, Wet Cell and also create custom profiles.
- Accepts 12 or 24v from your vehicle and a maximum solar input of 45V/800W
- Thermo controlled fan cooling allows 40A output up to 40+°C
- Fully programmable LCD display to show which source is charging the battery along with charger status, voltage and amperage
- Temperature sensor included in charger for more accurate battery charging
Looking for this DC to DC Charger with a full wiring kit including resettable circuit breakers? Click here!
During normal operation the ePOWER DC2DC+ Battery Charger will do a full charge cycle to float stage on the house battery bank with ability to choose either GEL, AGM, Flooded, Custom Programmable or Lithium. Once float stage is reached the charger transitions to a power supply mode to support any on-board DC loads.
Multistage Charging Process
The ePOWER DC2DC+ Battery Charger is a fully automatic, set and forget charger. It is designed to quickly and accurately recharge your deep cycle batteries utilising charger algorithms that help to maximise the life of your specialised deep cycle batteries.
The ePOWER DC2DC+ Battery Charger features multistage smart charging technology that enables the charger to be connected to your battery bank permanently. With the input of multiple sources, you can be assured of charging your batteries whenever underway; or when the sun is shining on your solar array.
As dictated by battery manufacturer’s recommendations, deep cycle batteries require a multistage charge sequence for perfect, fast and accurate charging. The Enerdrive ePOWER DC2DC+ smart charger delivers three primary charge stages.
Stage 1 – Bulk or Boost charge; The battery is charged at full rated output current of the charger until the battery reaches its final charging voltage, known as its absorption voltage. In this step, around 80% of the battery is recovered as fast as possible.
Stage 2 – Absorption Charge; With the charger voltage held steady, the remaining 20% is replaced with the charger allowing the current to taper off as the battery approaches full charge.
Stage 3 – Float; Finally, in the float stage the charger voltage is lowered and held at a constant and safe predetermined level. This prevents the battery from being overcharged, yet allows the charger to supply enough current to make up for the self-discharge losses of the battery, while supporting any additional loads connected to the battery (such as DC lighting and refrigerators). This stage allows for the charger to be used as a DC power supply.
Smart Charging Feature
The ePOWER DC2DC+ Battery Charger will regulate its output based on the loads connected to your battery bank. This function is important to maintain the life of your battery bank as some battery chargers mistake loads for discharge and continue to keep the batteries in the bulk or absorption stage for extended periods of time, which will damage the battery bank. The ePOWER DC2DC+ Battery Charger has two methods of load based regulation to ensure your battery charger transitions to float when it should do so.
Battery Temperature Sensor
Included standard with all ePOWER Battery Chargers.
- Model: EN3DC40+
- Output Current: 40A
- Charger Mode Output Voltage: 13.8V - 15.5V
- Float: 13.0V - 13.8V
- Equalize: 15V
- Charging Control: 3 Stages
- DC Output: Single
- Battery Compatablity: Gel, AGM, Flooded, Program
- Charger Efficiency: 95%
- Temperature Setting: Low/Normal/High (Battery Temperature Standard)
- Dimensions: 242mm(L) x 172mm(W) x 74(H)mm
- Weight: 1.9Kg
Product Category Battery Chargers
Output Current Rating (Amps): 40 Ah
Weight: 1.85 Kg
Dimensions: 242 x 172 x 74mm (L x W x H)
NOTE: see full product specifications & further product info in the Description section on this page.
Warranty Period: 5 Years
Warranty Details: Please CLICK HERE for Warranty Information on this product
- We ship Australia-wide with national road express freight companies such as Star Track, TNT and Toll.
- Small Items are sent with Australia Post via regular post.
- Delivery times are generally 3-5 days from day of dispatch for major cities (sometimes quicker). Please allow longer for regional and remote areas.
- Once your item(s) have been dispatched, we will provide you freight tracking information so you can track your delivery to your door.
- Items are fully insured during the freight process.
- Unfortunately we cannot deliver to PO Boxes.
- For further details on our Delivery Process you can visit our Delivery Page HERE.
Important Covid-19 Comment: during these difficult times, our dispatch and delivery times are longer than normal. Please allow additional days for delivery over and above the normal estimates outlined above.
ENERDRIVE DC2DC BATTERY CHARGER - 12V 40ABy: Pat Lorraway on 11 January 2021
Price and Service was excellent. product installed and performing just as intended.
Great!By: Noah on 4 January 2021
Easy to use, easy to install. Does everything I wanted in 1 simple unit.
Impressive chargerBy: Jason smith on 2 August 2020
Setup as a charger in my van. Not to bulky and provides great peace of mind with solar input as well. Definatley the best out there offering upto 50a max charge. A must for any van battery management system.
Works wellBy: Kodey on 11 January 2020
Had the Enerdrive installed for close to a month now and can’t fault it as far as reliability goes. Maintains charge with just short drives around town and I haven’t seen voltage drop below 11.9v. The digital display is also a very useful feature allowing you to see multiple inputs of voltage and amps without installing seperate gauges.