Enerdrive DC2DC Battery Charger - 12V 40A
Reviews: Rated 5/5 based on 11 reviews. SKU: EN3DC40 Learn More»
Enerdrive DC2DC Battery Charger - 12V 40A
The Enerdrive 40amp DC2DC Battery Charger with combined Solar Regulator is designed to accept multiple voltage inputs allowing you to charge your batteries through your vehicles alternator or your caravans solar panels. This means you can take advantage of the vehicles alternator whilst moving and your solar panels while you are stationary. The Enerdrive ePOWER DC2DC+ Battery Charger is a fully automatic multistage, multi input battery charger with the ability to charge from either an alternator linked to a battery; or via solar power with the in built Maximum Power Point Tracking (MPPT) Solar Controller. With two inputs available, the main/house battery will be charged from either the engine while underway, or via the solar panels when stationary. The process to choose either engine or solar is fully automatic and both functions are controlled from within the unit itself without the need for external relays. Most other DC2DC chargers do not have this capability and a separate solar controller is needed.
EXPERT TIP: The Enerdrive 60Amp & 70Amp breakers are common accessories suitable for the Enerdrive EN3DC40+ 40A DC to DC charger. Additionally, the 3 pre-wired & fused charging cables are also a great addition, see manuals & drawings for further information. All the accessories are available in the Accessory List above as optional extras.
DC2DC Battery Charger 40A /12V
- Multiple charging inputs allow you accept voltage from your engine and solar panels and convert to 1 output to your battery bank.
- DC M6 screw terminals that will allow for large battery cable connection between all sources
- Includes a dedicated inbuilt Maximum Power Point (MPPT) solar regulator
- Ability to charge Lithium, Lead Crystal, GEL, AGM, Wet Cell and the ability to create a full custom profile
- Accepts 12V or 24V from your vehicle and a maximum solar input of 45V/800W
- Thermo controlled fan cooling allows 40A output up to 40+°C
- Fully programmable LCD display to show which source is charging the battery along with charger status, voltage and amperage
- Temperature sensor included in charger for more accurate battery charging
Looking for this DC to DC Charger with a full wiring kit including resettable circuit breakers? Click here!
During normal operation the ePOWER DC2DC+ Battery Charger will do a full charge cycle to float stage on the house battery bank with ability to choose either GEL, AGM, Flooded, Custom Programmable or Lithium. Once float stage is reached the charger transitions to a power supply mode to support any on-board DC loads.
Multistage Charging Process
The ePOWER DC2DC+ Battery Charger is a fully automatic, set and forget charger. It is designed to quickly and accurately recharge your deep cycle batteries utilising charger algorithms that help to maximise the life of your specialised deep cycle batteries.
The ePOWER DC2DC+ Battery Charger features multistage smart charging technology that enables the charger to be connected to your battery bank permanently. With the input of multiple sources, you can be assured of charging your batteries whenever underway; or when the sun is shining on your solar array.
As dictated by battery manufacturer’s recommendations, deep cycle batteries require a multistage charge sequence for perfect, fast and accurate charging. The Enerdrive ePOWER DC2DC+ smart charger delivers three primary charge stages.
Stage 1 – Bulk or Boost charge; The battery is charged at full rated output current of the charger until the battery reaches its final charging voltage, known as its absorption voltage. In this step, around 80% of the battery is recovered as fast as possible.
Stage 2 – Absorption Charge; With the charger voltage held steady, the remaining 20% is replaced with the charger allowing the current to taper off as the battery approaches full charge.
Stage 3 – Float; Finally, in the float stage the charger voltage is lowered and held at a constant and safe predetermined level. This prevents the battery from being overcharged, yet allows the charger to supply enough current to make up for the self-discharge losses of the battery, while supporting any additional loads connected to the battery (such as DC lighting and refrigerators). This stage allows for the charger to be used as a DC power supply.
Smart Charging Feature
The ePOWER DC2DC+ Battery Charger will regulate its output based on the loads connected to your battery bank. This function is important to maintain the life of your battery bank as some battery chargers mistake loads for discharge and continue to keep the batteries in the bulk or absorption stage for extended periods of time, which will damage the battery bank. The ePOWER DC2DC+ Battery Charger has two methods of load based regulation to ensure your battery charger transitions to float when it should do so.
Battery Temperature Sensor
Included standard with all ePOWER Battery Chargers.
Maximising your Solar Harvest using the DC2DC+
The Solar Input on the DC2DC+ unit has a maximum rated INPUT current of 30amps. This means it is optimised for using higher voltage ‘grid’ type modules for best output performance. The maximum achievable output using standard 20Voc solar modules will be approx 35amps @ 14.4Vdc.
Note: swipe left or right to see the complete data
|Panel Array||Rated Wattage & Volts||Open Circuit Rating||Estimated DC Amps Output (## See Below)|
|1||150watt @ 20Voc||150watts||10|
|1||200watt @ 43Voc||200watts||13|
|2||150watt @ 20Voc||300watts||21|
|2||200watt @ 43Voc||400watts||27|
|3||150watt @ 20Voc||450watts||31|
|3||200watt @ 43Voc||600watts||42|
|4||150watt @ 20Voc||600watts||35*|
|4||200watt @ 43Voc||800watts||47**|
|5||150watt @ 20Voc||1000watts||Not Recommended|
|5||200watt @ 43Voc||1000watts||Not Recommended|
* Maximum achievable output on the DC2DC+ unit when using 20Voc Solar Panels will be the approx 35amps. ** Maximum achievable output on the DC2DC+ unit when using 43Voc Solar Panels will be the approx 47amps.
## IMPORTANT NOTE: Estimated Amps Output is quoted based upon PERFECT Solar conditions including Sun Angle, Panel Mounting angle and Orientation to the sun. It needs to be noted that panel performance alters dramatically between Summer and Winter periods and actual performance may be impossible to predict.
- Output Voltage: 12V Nominal (8.0V min)
- Output Current (Maximum): 40A ~ 50A
- Output Power: 775W
- Selectable Battery Type: Gel, AGM, Flooded, Lithium, Program
- Charger Voltage Range: 13.8V – 15.5V
- Float Voltage Range: 13.0V – 13.8V
- Charger Current (User Selectable): 5/10/15/20/25/30/35/40/45/50A (default 40A)
- Equalize Voltage (Flooded Battery): 15.5V
- Equalize Charging Current: 10% of Bulk Current Setting
- Charging Control: 2 stage / 3 stage selectable (Default 3 stage)
- DC Output Bank: Single
- Current draw from CH1 when not in use: < 50mA
- Battery Temperature Setting: Low/ Normal/ High (Battery Temperature Sensor Standard)
- Efficiency: 95%
- INPUT Rating: (CH2 – MPPT Solar)
- Input Voltage: 14.5 – 45VOC
- Maximum Input: ≤ 23V input, 500W (600W allowable) ≥37.5V-45V input, 750W (800W allowable)
- INPUT Rating: (CH3 – Start/Alternator)
- Input Voltage: 10.5 – 16VDC / 21 – 32VDC
- Dimensions (H x W x D): 242mm x 172mm x 74mm
- Unit Weight: 1.85 Kg
- Shipping Weight: 2.17 kg
Product Category Battery Chargers
Output Current Rating (Amps): 40 A
Weight: 1.85 Kg
Dimensions: 242 x 172 x 74mm (L x W x H)
NOTE: see full product specifications & further product info in the Description section on this page.
Warranty Period: 5 Years
Warranty Details: Please CLICK HERE for Warranty Information on this product
- We ship Australia-wide with national road express freight companies such as Star Track, TNT and Toll.
- Small Items are sent with Australia Post via regular post.
- Delivery times are generally 3-5 days from day of dispatch for major cities (sometimes quicker). Please allow longer for regional and remote areas.
- Once your item(s) have been dispatched, we will provide you freight tracking information so you can track your delivery to your door.
- Items are fully insured during the freight process.
- Unfortunately we cannot deliver to PO Boxes.
- For further details on our Delivery Process you can visit our Delivery Page HERE.
Important Covid-19 Comment: during these difficult times, our dispatch and delivery times are longer than normal. Please allow additional days for delivery over and above the normal estimates outlined above.
Enerdrive dc2dcBy: Warren on 6 October 2021
Awesome product. Second battery has not gone anywhere near going flat. Great performance from my roof mounted solar panel
Best DC2DC Charger on the marketBy: Dean on 30 September 2021
Fitted these to my VW Transporter house battery. Works so well charges my battery very fast when engine is running. Highly recommended.
ENERDRIVE DC2DC BATTERY CHARGER - 12V 40ABy: Don WESTON on 24 July 2021
Recommended by my Auto Electrician
Enerdrive DC-DC 40A ChargerBy: Tony Herbert on 21 June 2021
I researched quite a lot before deciding on this charger. Very happy with the result - both for price and product. A remote monitor would be nice to have though.
Great ProductBy: Tim on 15 March 2021
I had just spent substantially more on a redarc unit to find it was unable to handle the out put of my panels. I went to the cheaper Enerdrive and found the unit more pleasant to install and capable of running my panels. It's been working perfectly for a month or two now. I'm looking forward to the release of the remote display so I can monitor it more easily.
Do You Have Any Questions?