Dometic RM4606 185 Litre UES 3-Way Fridge
Discoutinued Model - RMD10.5XS coming soon!
Reviews: Rated 5/5 based on 4 reviews. SKU: RM4606 Learn More»
DOMETIC 3-WAY ABSORPTION FRIDGE - 185 Litre - MODEL NO RM4606
632mm (W) x 1385mm (H) x 661mm (D)
The Dometic RM4606 is discontinued. We are waiting on a replacement model RMD10.5XS, coming soon!
The Dometic RM4606 185lt UES 3-Way Fridge is an upright absorption style refrigerator ideal for caravans motorhomes and campervans that require a large internal capacity.
Top of the range, this new large model RM fridge features Universal Energy Selection. This means you can decide if you want your fridge to automatically select its energy source (AES) or whether you want to manually choose your energy source (MES). The fridge can run using 12v power, 240v (mains) power, or gas. This provides ultimate flexibility when travelling, which is important if will be travelling for extended periods of time.
These fridges are virtually silent (for those light sleepers) and these newer models have a sleeker design. The speed of the fan is also controlled by the fridge thermostat, meaning it only works harder when it needs to, saving all important energy for you. This new model also features an increased internal capacity so you can keep even more perishables fresher for longer.
The Dometic SMF102 flat towing mirror pair is the perfect addition to all your caravanning or camping trips. Drive to your destination safely and securely with extended vision of your caravan or camper trailer.
The Dometic GC100 Gaschecker is a compact and lightweight indicator that lets you conveniently and reliably check gas levels wherever and whenever you want.
*Please Note bonus items are only while stocks last and are subject to change.
- New patented UES (Universal Energy Selection) control system
- Switchable to either MES (manual energy selection) or AES (automatic energy selection) function
- T-rated climate performance
- User friendly control panel featuring LED indicator lights
- Universal LP Gas compatible
- Easy changing of the door from left to right with the included hinge kit
- Quick and easy removal of shelves
- Generous door and wall insulation for greater performance
- Self-draining drip tray
- Change the door face to suit the décor without removing the door
- Two large fruit and vegetable crispers
- Gas operation 12-volt powered ignition, thermostatic control for 240 volts, 12-volts and gas
- Wide metal mounting flanges for built in application – no exterior skin
- Interior light
- Automatic flame failure safety shut off device - Shuts off if the gas flame is extinguished
- Top Mounted Controls
- Suits: RVs
- Doors: 2-door
- Total Capacity: 186L
- Freezer Capacity: 48L (approx.)
- Power: 12v, 240v and Gas
- Cooling Rating: Climate T
- Input/Output Fittings: Wire Junction for 12v, 10amp plug for 240v and 1/8-inch BSP female fitting for gas
- Dimensions: 632mm (W) x 1385mm (H) x 661mm (D)
- Cut-out Required: 607mm (W) x 1365mm (H) x 620mm (D)
- Weight: 56.5kg
- Manufacturer’s Warranty: industry leading 3yrs
- Gas Consumption: 20g/h
- NOTE: additional 2yr extended warranty can be purchased through Dometic Care
- Please click on the below INSTALLATION GUIDE for recommendations on appropriate fitting accessories to go with the refrigerator (and advice on optimal ventilation set-up).
- The cabinet & door can be changed to suit your decor, see the INSTALLATION GUIDE.
- This product needs to be installed and certified by a qualified and licensed gas-fitter, as improperly or illegally installed products will void the manufacturer’s warranty, and could pose a safety risk.
- This product is primarily designed with gas operation in mind; they provide exceptional efficiency when running on gas. However for 12 Volt operation, this is only recommended with absorption fridges when the vehicle is running, otherwise it can exhaust your 12 volt power source (battery) very quickly.
Not what your looking for? Feel free to browse the rest of our range of Dometic Fridges, 3 Way Fridges & Caravan Fridges - For any further information or to speak our fridge experts dial -1800 RV PARTS
Product Category Upright RV Absorption Fridges
Total Capacity 185 Litres
Fridge Width 632 mm
Fridge Height 1385 mm
Fridge Depth 661 mm
Cut Out Required: 607 x 1365 x 620 mm (W x H x D)
Weight: 56.5 Kg
Freezer Compartment: 48 Litres
Power Consumption: Gas Input (LP Gas) 20g/hr, Max input 240V 325w
Gas Certification Number:GMK10710
NOTE: see full product specifications & further product info in the Description section on this page.
Warranty Period: 3 Years
Warranty Details: Please CLICK HERE for Warranty Information on this product
- We ship Australia-wide with national road express freight companies such as Star Track, TNT and Toll.
- Small Items are sent with Australia Post via regular post.
- Delivery times are generally 3-5 days from day of dispatch for major cities (sometimes quicker). Please allow longer for regional and remote areas.
- Once your item(s) have been dispatched, we will provide you freight tracking information so you can track your delivery to your door.
- Items are fully insured during the freight process.
- Unfortunately we cannot deliver to PO Boxes.
- For further details on our Delivery Process you can visit our Delivery Page HERE.
Important Covid-19 Comment: during these difficult times, our dispatch and delivery times are longer than normal. Please allow additional days for delivery over and above the normal estimates outlined above.
186 ltr 3 way eas FridgeBy: Lorelle Herbert on 19 July 2020
Quality product, well made & easy to operate
186 ltr 3 way eas FridgeBy: Lorelle Herbert on 16 July 2020
great product, great price & speedy delivery
RM4606 Dometic FridgeBy: Janet Mahar on 10 February 2019
Excellent service, delivered within timeframes, once installed working well.
Dometic FridgeBy: Diane Barnes on 7 February 2019
Had to replace our caravan fridge recently. Bought the replacement RM 4606 185 litre fridge freezer. Best price in all Australia & most reasonable freight cost. Received within 48 hours. Great service & price = very happy customet!
- How often do I need to service my Dometic RV/Caravan appliances?
Dometic recommend servicing their gas appliances on a yearly basis, even if the vehicle has not been used. Additionally, bear in mind that insects can built nests in the gas appliances which will cause the appliances to stop working. It can also cause potentially dangerous scenarios.
For other appliances, such as refrigerators and air conditioners, to ensure the appliances to work efficiently and last longer it is recommended to clean the condenser.
What do I need to know about installing an absorption gas fridge in my Caravan?
To ensure the correct fittings and ventilation set-up for the specific absorption fridge model, please see the link to the INSTALLATION GUIDE/MANUAL in the Product Description.
A 3-Way absorption refrigerator requires to be installed and certified by a qualified and licensed gasfitter. Illegal or improperly installed absorption fridge will void the manufacturerï¿½s warranty and could pose a safety risk.
I want to run my absorption on 12v power source, is this ok?
An absorption 3-way fridge is designed to be run on gas as a power source. This means that gas will be the most efficient power source.
It is only recommended to use the 12-volt setting on an absorption fridge when the vehicle is running. Otherwise, the 12-volt can exhaust the power source (the battery) very fast. It is important to remember this when you have parked and turned off your vehicle!
I’m looking for a Caravan Fridge: would you recommend an absorption (gas) fridge, or a compressor (12v) fridge?
This depends on what you expect of your trip and what is important for you.
Choose an absorption fridge if:
- You are free camping for extended periods.
- You want a fridge to run from your gas bottle.
Free campers often choose a 3-way model so that they do not have to worry about enough battery power during their prolonged trips away. However, remember that they are not designed to be running on 12V for an extended period, it is only for while the vehicle is running.
Choose a compressor fridge if:
- You prefer consistent cooling capacity on your fridge.
- You require a fridge with high efficiency on battery power.
- You will require an efficient cooling capacity in hot climate.
The leading brand within compressor fridges are Dometic Waeco, Bushman, Evakool and Engel. All these brands are high quality RV fridges that can provide a desired temperature quickly.
We have found that compressor fridges are becoming more trendier compare to the absorption fridge. Many of our customers choose to replace their old 3-way absorption fridge to a new 12V compressor fridge. With todayï¿½s improvements in solar and battery performance, you can run your 12V compressor fridge very efficiently and will keep your food & drinks very cool.