Webasto 12V Diesel Heater Single Outlet with Ducting & Digital Controller
Available in 12V & 24V, the 2kW diesel fired Air Top heater operates quickly and powerfully, is virtually noiseless and highly economical in fuel and power consumption. Used while the vehicle is stationary, the unit not only warms the cab interior but also dehumidifies for complete comfort. In normal operation, the heater would use approximately 1 litre of diesel fuel every 5-6 hours. The Air Top heaters are easy to install inside the vehicle due to their compact design and come with a 2 year Australia-wide warranty.
- Floor mount heater bracket x 1
- Metre 60mm Ducting hose x 1
- Duct Clamp 47-70mm x 2
- Air Outlet x 1
- Hose connector for outlet x 1
- Vent 600mm flat open x 1
- Digital Controller x 1
|Net Weight (kg)
Product Category RV Heaters and Hot Water
NOTE: see full product specifications & further product info in the Description section on this page.
Warranty Period: 2 Years
Warranty Details: Please CLICK HERE for Warranty Information on this product
- We ship Australia-wide with national road express freight companies such as Star Track, TNT and Toll.
- Small Items are sent with Australia Post via regular post.
- Delivery times are generally 3-5 days from day of dispatch for major cities (sometimes quicker). Please allow longer for regional and remote areas.
- Once your item(s) have been dispatched, we will provide you freight tracking information so you can track your delivery to your door.
- Items are fully insured during the freight process.
- Unfortunately we cannot deliver to PO Boxes.
- For further details on our Delivery Process you can visit our Delivery Page HERE.
Caravan heaterBy: Neil blair on19 July 2023
Good product and a prompt delivery
Light n compactBy: Christie Pisani on15 June 2023
Light and compact, perfect for our slide-on ute camper that is a little tight for space. Haven't tried it yet but the auto sparky who installed it said it was easy to install and fit nicely in the small space, and worked well when he tried it out
Webasto 2kw diesel heaterBy: Peter Russo on2 July 2021
Compact and produces ample clean heat for our 23ft caravan.
Q & A
Can I install my diesel heater under the bed?
Yes, you can. Just note that there will be some noise due to the intake of the heater as well as a ticking sound from the fuel pump. Therefore, it is probably best to install the heater away from the bedroom.
How does the size of the area to be heated affect which diesel heater to purchase?
A larger area might require a twin outlet or a more powerful heater.
- A 2kW diesel heater will be sufficient for a vehicle around 4-6 metres
- If the layout affect the heat flow or the area is a bit larger, a twin outlet is recommended
- With a large motorhome or fifth wheeler, it is best to opt for a 4kW diesel heater
Does the diesel heater come with a fuel tank?
No, a fuel tank is not included with the purchase of a diesel heater. You will need to add a fuel tank to your order. However, if the vehicle runs on diesel, you will be able to plumb into the vehicle's fuel tank.
Can I use biodiesel or kerosene to fuel the diesel heater?
No, it is recommended that you only use high grade diesel, and not biodiesel or kerosene.
What is the difference between the rotary and digital controllers for diesel heaters?
- Rotary controllers do not have a thermostat and consist of a dial that is based on feel and you will need to turn it up or down until you are satisfied with the temperature. The heat will remain constant once set to a specific dial position.
- Digital controllers have a thermostat and you are able to digitally select a temperature. These controllers also have a timer that can be set if you only want to run the heater for a certain amount of time.
- It is recommended the digital controller be installed at waist height as a result of heat rising. It will reach its temperature too soon if installed too high or will have to work too hard if the thermostat is too low.
Should I buy a gas or diesel heater?
It depends on your personal requirements. Please see the pros and cons of both below:
- Most caravans already have gas appliances so adding a gas heater is relatively straightforward
- Purchase cost is lower than a diesel heater
- Noise is lower than diesel heater
- A number of regulatory requirements apply for installation: a gas heater flue cannot be installed too close to a window, door or other gas appliance inlet or outlet, or under an enclosed annex
- A licensed gas fitter is required to connect the gas heater and provide a compliance certificate
- In temperatures of two degrees and under, the heater wonï¿½t function
- Produces a wet heat resulting in unwanted humidity and condensation
- You donï¿½t need a licence for installation
- Superior heating performance compared to a gas heater
- Produces a clean dry heat as opposed to the wet heat produced by a gas heater
- More expensive to buy than a gas heater
- Generally noisier than a gas heater
- You need a clear space below the heater for the exhaust
- Extra diesel tank needed
What is the advantage of a twin outlet over single outlet?
The only difference between the two is having two outlets into the van instead of one. You can have one directing air one way and the second in the opposite direction. Performance is not altered between the two.