Since its inception in 1951, Hayman Reese has been the leader in aftermarket towing and true pioneers in the industry. Hayman Reese designs, manufactures, tests and distributes vehicle towing systems including towbars, weight distributing hitches, sway controllers, cargo barriers and a wide range of accessories.
Accessories include brake controllers, brake controller and power harnesses, tow-balls, trailer ball mounts, pintle hooks & mounts, hitch pins, battery monitors and wiring looms.
Hayman Reese is also leading the way in vehicle to trailer wiring applications. Their SmartClick™ connecting wiring ad-on’s.
The Company’s Quality Management System has been certified in 1994 to ISO 9001, and proceeded to become QS9000 accredited in 1999. Their testing facility has been certified as a NATA accredited laboratory to AS ISO/IEC 17025 (1995). The Company’s Environmental Management System has been certified to ISO 14001 (2001).
- 1951: its founder, Mr Eric Hayman, started manufacturing towbars, as Eric Hayman Pty. Ltd., and was in South Melbourne.
- 1971: the company became known as Hayman Reese Pty Ltd, as part of USA based Company Reese Products included standard towbars, hitch receivers, weight distribution hitches, protection bars and other products for the caravan industry.
- 1972: The Company moved to new premises in Dandenong, and Reese Products progressively increased its equity in Hayman Reese Pty Ltd to 100%.
- 1989: Hayman Reese acquired the Thetford toilet product range for distribution in Australia and New Zealand.
- 1994: Hayman Reese moved to Dandenong South, before becoming a division of TriMas Corporation Pty Ltd in 1996.
- 2012: Hayman Reese moved to a new state of art premises in Keysborough.