DOMETIC RUC 8408X 12V / 24V / 240V Fridge - Freezer, 224 Litre
Reviews: Rated 5/5 based on 1 reviews. SKU: RUC8408X Learn More»
Currently FREE with the DOMETIC RUC 8408X 12V / 24V / 240V Fridge - Freezer, 224 Litre is:
Dometic RUC 8408X - 2-Way Fridge Freezer, 224 Litre
550 (W) x 1657 (H) x 677 (D)mm
The Dometic RUC 8408X fridge provides reliable refrigeration and enhanced performance that the avid traveller has come to expect from RV refrigeration. The highlight of the RUC 8408X is it's narrow cabinet design, so you can make the best use of your available kitchen space without having to compromise on storage capacity. The narrow cabinet design is the practical choice for an easy installation process as it can easily fit through RV doors.
At the forefront of the intuitive design of the RUC8408X is the color TFT display with easy to use controls as well as innovative storage inside the fridge including a full width crisper with humidy control and adjustable shelving to secure bottles and cans as well as door shelves for extra handy storage.
When it comes to performance, the Dometic RUC 8408X has a tropical rated cooling system to ensure a high cooling efficiency whilst in high and low ambient temperatures, therefore making it an excellent choice for all camping requirements.
The Dometic SMF102 flat towing mirror pair is the perfect addition to all your caravanning or camping trips. Drive to your destination safely and securely with extended vision of your caravan or camper trailer.
The Dometic GC100 Gaschecker is a compact and lightweight indicator that lets you conveniently and reliably check gas levels wherever and whenever you want.
*Please Note bonus items are only while stocks last and are subject to change.
- Narrow cabinet design with slim footprint
- Easy installation- will fit through RV door
- Easy to use control panel with colour TFT display
- Adjustable shelves and door bins
- T - Rated cooling systems to ensure efficient cooling performance in all conditions
- Reversible door hinges
- Interior LED light
- Adjustable wire shelves with shelf guards included
- Full width crisper includes humidty control
- Gross volume: 224L
- Storage volume: 216 litres
- Fridge volume: 170 litres
- Freezer volume: 46 litres
- Dimensions: (W) 550mm x (H) 1657mm x (D) 677mm
- Cut out dimensions: (W) 530mm x (H) 1647mm x (D) 611mm
- Weight: 46 kg
- Performance class : T - Rated
- Cooling technology: Compressor
- Input voltage: 240V AC - 12V/24V DC
- Colour: Black
- Number of doors: 2
- Warranty: 1 year
Not what your looking for? Feel free to browse the rest of our range of Dometic Fridges, 2 Way Fridges & Caravan Fridges - For any further information or to speak our fridge experts dial -1800 RV PARTS
Product Category Upright RV Compressor Fridges
Total Capacity 224 Litres
Fridge Width 550 mm
Fridge Height 1657 mm
Fridge Depth 677 mm
Cut Out Required: 530 - 535 x 1647 - 1652 x min. 611 mm (W x H x D) (the fridge must be installed in a recess so that it stands secure when the vehicle is in motion).
Weight: 46 Kg
Freezer Compartment: 46 Litres
Fridge Voltage: 12 / 24 / 240 V
Average Power Consumption: 1.02 kWh/24 h (240V) | 3.0 Ah/h (12V)
NOTE: see full product specifications & further product info in the Description section on this page.
Warranty Period: 3 Years
Warranty Details: Please CLICK HERE for Warranty Information on this product
- We ship Australia-wide with national road express freight companies such as Star Track, TNT and Toll.
- Small Items are sent with Australia Post via regular post.
- Delivery times are generally 3-5 days from day of dispatch for major cities (sometimes quicker). Please allow longer for regional and remote areas.
- Once your item(s) have been dispatched, we will provide you freight tracking information so you can track your delivery to your door.
- Items are fully insured during the freight process.
- Unfortunately we cannot deliver to PO Boxes.
- For further details on our Delivery Process you can visit our Delivery Page HERE.
Important Covid-19 Comment: during these difficult times, our dispatch and delivery times are longer than normal. Please allow additional days for delivery over and above the normal estimates outlined above.
AWESOME PRODUCTBy: John on 24 September 2019
Bought this product recently, arrived quick and works brilliantly!
- How do I deactivate the child-lock in my RUA/RUC model refrigerator?
These models have a great lock for children to prevent any accidental adjustments. If you are unable to change the temperature or the power source, you have most likely activated the child-lock. You can either permanently deactivate or temporarily override the lock - please see below:
Temporarily Override the Child-lock:
- First push the control knob 3 times within 1.5 seconds
- The lock will be reactive again after 10 seconds without touching the control knob
Permanently Deactivate the Child-lock:
- Start with doing a temporarily override, after that simply turn off the child lock in the settings menu
- How often do I need to service my Dometic RV/Caravan appliances?
Dometic recommend servicing their gas appliances on a yearly basis, even if the vehicle has not been used. Additionally, bear in mind that insects can built nests in the gas appliances which will cause the appliances to stop working. It can also cause potentially dangerous scenarios.
For other appliances, such as refrigerators and air conditioners, to ensure the appliances to work efficiently and last longer it is recommended to clean the condenser.
What do I need to think about in regards of the ventilation with my Dometic compressor fridge?
Dometic Compressor fridges work best when there is air flowing across the compressor.
For small to medium sized Dometic fridges (CRX50, CRX80 & CRX110), minimum of one vent is required. This should be mounted in the van wall, parallel to the compressor at the top of the fridge. Vent options are:
- Medium Sized Optional Extra:
- Dometic AS1635 Lower Vent - White
- Dometic AS1635 Lower Vent - Black
- Large Sized Vent:
- Dometic LS300 Large Fridge Vent and Frame
- Dometic LS300-B Large Fridge Vent and Frame, Black
For the CRX140 is a little different, the fridge compressor is mounted on the top of the fridge. It is best to only use one vent mounted at the top rear of the fridge. Install the fridge in a way that you can pull air from the front, up the side of the fridge over the compressor and out the vent.
- Medium Sized Optional Extra:
What do I need to know about installing my 12v compressor fridge in my van?
Installation instructions will come with your 12V Compressor Fridge. The installation/manual document will also cover:
- Recommended ventilation
- Side and rear gap sizes for installing in your RV cavity
Depending on the model, there will also be information regarding; maintenance, cleaning, defrosting, energy saving tips, reversible doors, inserting new door panels and troubleshooting.
Does the fridge auto select between 12v/24v?
Hi - Yes it does!
Do you need to disconnect the battery if connecting to 240v mains supply?
Hi there - No you don't, 240v takes priority.