Dometic Tailgater Air Inflatable SUV Awning
The Dometic Tailgater AIR is an inflatable SUV awning that offers an extended space attached to the back of your vehicle. You can use it for day trips, weekend getaways or camping trips where all you want is a little bit of extra space and a roof over your head. The Tailgater AIR offers enough space to sleep two guests comfortably. There are doors equipped with quality flyscreens on all three sides so you can enter and exit as you please. This Dometic inflatable awning is easy to set up with the inbuilt designed AirPoles that simply need to be pumped using the 2 l pump from the accessories list. If you want to go for a drive, you can simply disconnect the awning from the vehicle and zip the Tailgater closed. This Dometic inftable awning is easy to carry anywhere and only weighs 12.27 kg.
- Dimensions W x H x D (mm) 3000 x 2150 x 2200
- Weight (kg) 12.27
- Minimum Connection Height (mm) 1600
- Maximum Connection Height (mm) 2100
- Fabric Type WeathershieldTM 68D
- Frame Type Inflatable
- Universal fit inflatable SUV awning
- Multi-point AirPoles with a detachable spreader pole for the roof
- Weathershield™ 68D material
- Easy to set up
- Durable and water-resistant
- Drive-away freestanding awning
- Durable AirPoles are inflated individually for the simplest set-up and take-down
- Super lightweight 68D polyester is easy to handle, durable and water-resistant
- Generous dimensions maximise the liveable space of your pitch
Note: This awning doesn't include a Footprint/Carpet.
Warranty Period: 1 Year
Warranty Details: Please CLICK HERE for Warranty Information on this product
- We ship Australia-wide with national road express freight companies such as Star Track, TNT and Toll.
- Small Items are sent with Australia Post via regular post.
- Delivery times are generally 3-5 days from day of dispatch for major cities (sometimes quicker). Please allow longer for regional and remote areas.
- Once your item(s) have been dispatched, we will provide you freight tracking information so you can track your delivery to your door.
- Items are fully insured during the freight process.
- Unfortunately we cannot deliver to PO Boxes.
- For further details on our Delivery Process you can visit our Delivery Page HERE.
Important Covid-19 Comment: during these difficult times, our dispatch and delivery times are longer than normal. Please allow additional days for delivery over and above the normal estimates outlined above.
Dometic tailgater tentBy: Mick Innes on 25 December 2021
Great product, great service and a fantastic price.
Dometic Tailgater - perfect for us!By: Grahame R on 10 October 2020
We are a retired couple who normally travel using a combination of local hotels, motels, farmstays etc and occasionally wished we could just stay overnight somewhere idyllic. we have a Discovery 4 and have slept in the back a few times and just needed an extension to clear the space for sleeping. The Tailgater is ideal as it quickly extends the back by a couple of metres, allowing a weatherproof storage and sitting area outise the car. The Tailgater folds up into the size of a duffle bag and weighs just 12kgs - there's no metal poles, just 'air poles' which are inlated and do a fantastic job. Windows and doors for easy access and airflow - plenty of head room, with a wrap around car connector so we can leave the back open all night. Putting away takes about 5 minutes and is very easy - airpoles deflate, fold, fold, into bag, all done! Highly recommended.
How do I set up the Dometic inflatable awnings?
The inflatable awnings are created to be super easy to set up when you are out on the road.
To set up the inflatable awning, you simply just slide out the built-in keder into your RV cassette awning or sail track, you can then easily inflate your awning.
However, if you want to be able to inflate the awning even faster you can buy the 12V Gale pump. The 12V compressor pump plugs into your 12V socket in your car.
Can you open the awning up if you do not want the walls?
Hi there, yes you can. The parts between the air poles can be removed, to create an open awning.
How does the material on the Dometic tent & awning fare in Australian conditions?
The new inflatable Dometic tents & awnings are designed & tested for the Australian conditions. They are made with Weather shield Pro that is a lightweight material but very resilient. The material is classified as a "four seasons" fabric made of double coated polyester that is designed to withstand heavy rain and harsh UV rays.
Am I able to use my RV/Caravan awning in bad weather?
Hey, great question!
No matter what brand you have on your awning, it is not recommended to leave the awning extended if expecting strong winds or heavy rain.
Heavy rain can damage the awning, by example forming a pool, or causing damage to the van. Even with light rain, it is recommended to ensure that the awning is tensioned correctly, so it doesn't cause damage.
When there is heavy wind, we recommend ensuring that the hardware is secured to the ground or to the RV/caravan correctly. However, keep in mind that this may not withstand and cause damage to your awning in strong winds, so we recommend taking it down in those climates.
Additionally, when arriving home after a trip, make sure to ensure the awning is fully dried before packing it away. Make sure to store it in a well-ventilated & dry place to ensure it doesn't get wet or damp while stored.