Trail-A-Mate Hydraulic Jockey Wheel & Jack
Reviews: Rated 5/5 based on 39 reviews. SKU: A-000417
Trail A Mate Jack
Emergency repairs, tyre changing, and even hitching your caravan to (or detaching it from) your car, are part and parcel of any road trip. With the right equipment, you can reduce at least some of the associated hassle.
This innovative product works as a hydraulic jockey wheel which can transform into a solid base jack when required. The 2-in-1 unit is capable of supporting a total weight of 1000kg and is compatible with most standard-height and off-road caravans. Packaging multiple functions into one easy-to-use mechanical device, the Trail-A-Mate kit essentially consists of a hydraulic jack on a shaft, which can be fitted to either a jockey wheel base or a lifting clamp base, depending on the function you want the unit to serve.
A base plate and jacking brackets are provided with the kit, along with a convenient instructions manual that serves as a guide on assembling and disassembling its various configurations. When not in use as a jack, the unit can be refitted with the jockey wheel and attached to the jockey wheel clamp of your caravan’s A-frame. The Trail A Mate has a minimum height of 145mm, which can be extended to a maximum of 780mm by means of its release valve and handle. Spare parts are easily available to replace any of its components.
- 2-in-1 convertible hydraulic jockey wheel and lifting jack
- Supports a total safe load of 1000kg
- Compact, intelligent design that allows for easy assembly and disassembly of parts
- Can be attached to a caravan’s existing A-frame jockey wheel clamp (50mm), when not in use as a jack
- Offers generous lifting range of 380mm
- Supplied as a kit consisting of a hydraulic jack on shaft, jockey wheel base, lifting clamp, base plate and brackets
- Built with easily replaceable components
- 12 month warranty
- WLL: 1000kg load rating
- Sturdy construction and built to last
- Comes with a built in safety lock
- Base plate
- Lifting clamp
- Jacking bracket
- Jacking handle
- Wheel only
- Replacement parts are available
- Suits standard height and offroad models
- There are 4 positions for the clamp on the 500mm outer shaft plus the lift height of 350mm
- Suits standard 50mm clamps
- This jack should be used on level and firm ground where possible.
- It's recommended that the wheels of the caravan be chocked.
- No person should remain in a caravan supported by a jack.
- The caravan should be attached to your towing vehicle.
- No person should place any portion of their body under a caravan supported by the jack only.
- If you have to work underneath, use support stands as well as your jack. It is not uncommon to be changing tyres or inspecting the undercarriage on the side of roads where conditions will most likely be less than perfect. Unstable, soft or slight gradients can cause your jack to slip or sink - You don't want to be underneath without extra support stands in any case.
Call one of our friendly staff today if you have any questions regarding the Trail-A-Mate Hydraulic Jack 1800 787 278 (1800 RV PARTS).
> Trail-a-mate Jockey Wheel / Hydraulic Jack - Demonstration Video
Trail-a-mate Hydraulic Jockey Wheel and JackBy: Michael Kirkup on 17 October 2019Great product has made my life much easier.
Trail-A-mate hyd jockey wheel jackBy: Kim Attwood on 1 October 2019Found it easy too fit ,and use, great for tyre change on van
Trailer Mate PurchaseBy: Lorraine & Ricky Cox on 22 September 2019I recently purchase a Trailer Mate Jack over the internet. I found this site easy to navigate and also when I contacted CaravanRVCamping by phone the staff were extremely helpful and Curtis. The unit is a great addition to our van saving time and energy with ease of use. Regards Ricky Cox
Makes hitching easyBy: Jim on 18 September 2019Great product, easier than winding a jockey wheel
Excellent productBy: Mark on 10 September 2019Bought this to replace an ordinary jockey wheel and it is a great investment. Works exactly as it says on the advert and saves much time effort and damaged knuckles. Highly recommend.