Evakool 47 Litre Infinity Fibreglass Icebox - Grey
Infinity Fibreglass Icebox
SKU: E047 Learn More»
Evakool 47 Litre Infinity Fibreglass Icebox - Grey
The original and still the best.
Evakool’s legendary fibreglass icebox is a unique combination of quality, durability and performance. The Evakool fibreglass iceboxes are specifically designed to withstand Australia’s harsh conditions. Featuring their legendary insulation Evakool Iceboxes can store ice up to 15 days*. Combine this legendary performance with a full fibreglass cabinet with quality fittings and you have the perfect solution to BEAT THE HEAT!
Evakool iceboxes are ideal for family picnics, the beach, parties, camping and boating.
WHY CHOOSE EVAKOOL FIBREGLASS ICEBOXES?
- Can keep ice for up to 15 Days*
- Designed for Australian conditions
- Available in a large range of sizes
- Handmade with care and attention
- Quality fittings
- Easy to use latches
- Handles can be used as tie down points
- Optional removable food tray
*dependant on size of icebox, quantity and quality of ice and ambient temperature.
- White, high gloss fibreglass
- Superior refrigeration quality insulation
- Smooth walls, hygienic and easy to clean
- Will not absorb food tastes or odours
- Drainage bung
- Lightweight but sturdy
- Will not dent, rust or corrode
- Protective corner feet
- External Dimensions: 575mm x 450mm x 425mm (LxWxH)
- Internal Dimensions: 455mm x 320mm x 315mm (LxWxH)
- Weight: 11 KG
- Capacity: 47L
- Insulation Thickness: 44 mm
Not what your looking for? To check out our range of Camping Fridges Click Here
Product Category Ice Box
Icebox Material Fibreglass
Total Capacity: 47 Litres
Icebox Length: 575 mm
Icebox Width: 450 mm
Icebox Height: 425 mm
Weight: 11 Kg
NOTE: see full product specifications & further product info in the Description section on this page.
Warranty Period: 5 Years
Warranty Details: Please CLICK HERE for Warranty Information on this product
- We ship Australia-wide with national road express freight companies such as Star Track, TNT and Toll.
- Small Items are sent with Australia Post via regular post.
- Delivery times are generally 3-5 days from day of dispatch for major cities (sometimes quicker). Please allow longer for regional and remote areas.
- Once your item(s) have been dispatched, we will provide you freight tracking information so you can track your delivery to your door.
- Items are fully insured during the freight process.
- Unfortunately we cannot deliver to PO Boxes.
- For further details on our Delivery Process you can visit our Delivery Page HERE.
Important Covid-19 Comment: during these difficult times, our dispatch and delivery times are longer than normal. Please allow additional days for delivery over and above the normal estimates outlined above.
Be The First To Review This Product!
Help other CARAVANRVCAMPING users shop smarter by writing reviews for products you have purchased.
Is this ice box suitable if I want to keep food warm?
The answer is No, an icebox is designed to keep ice frozen for as long as possible. Which mean it will not keep food warm.
If you are looking to keep food warm, we recommend looking at our range of Thermoelectric Cooler/Warmers. A thermoelectric cooler/warmer requires either 240V or 12/24V power to run. Most of them have a capacity to heat to 55- 65 °C above outside temp and cool down to blow around 20- 25 °C.
How can I increase the longevity of ice in my Icebox?
We have a few recommendations to ensure that ice is kept for longer:
- To ensure a cooler icebox, you can use block ice to increase the ice to last longer.
- Another tip is to cool down the icebox a few hours before use. A good idea is not to leave it in the sun.
- Cool down the items before moving them to the icebox.
- If you keep the icebox topped up at all time, it gives less space for the hot air to enter when opened.
- Always the most important tip, avoid opening the icebox to keep the cool air in.
What are the main differences between a fibreglass icebox and a plastic (polyethylene) icebox?
There are some features to consider when choosing between a polyethylene or fibreglass iceboxes. Here are some Pro's and Con's between them:
- Both the exterior and interior is built with fibreglass between the insulation layers, this will help to ensure constant cooling.
- The fibreglass is considered a non-porous material, which ensure that no odour or smell is retained. Which make them great for storing fish during your fishing trips!
- These iceboxes typically can keep ice between 5-7 days.
- A fibreglass will always be heavier if compared to a plastic ice box.
- More expensive compared to a polyethylene ice box.
- Between the outer coatings of the icebox contains a layer of insulation. This is generally created with a Roto-moulded method. Due to the bigger part of the icebox are a form of the large polyethylene plastic, the result means that the icebox have fewer gaps and joins to ensure a low heat absorption.
- A plastic icebox is lighter compared to a fibreglass.
- A downside to these is that they will retain the odour compared to the fibreglass. We always recommend ensuring to clean your icebox between your trips to ensure a better smelling ice box.
I'm trying to decide between a portable fridge or an icebox for our next trip: can you help me decide?
Of course, this is a great question, and it all comes down to what you are meant to use it for.
Here are some Pro's of owning an icebox:
- Buying an icebox is cheaper compared to a portable fridge freezer.
- The iceboxes are waterproof, which can be good if you want to use it outdoor during your trips.
- No electricity required when using an icebox — just requires the icebox & ice!
- If it is not being used to store food, you can store other gear in it.
- Much lighter compared to a portable fridge. This is good point if you are worried about the weight or are transporting the icebox from place to place.
- Requires to always have ice.
- Depending on if you have a plastic or a fibreglass icebox, the ice will only last for a few days. If you are going on a longer trip, we recommend a portable fridge/freezer.
- When the ice melts, the food is going to get soggy — this is something to consider.
- The ice will take up internal space in the icebox, which may require you to get a larger sized icebox.
Con's on an icebox:
To conclude, if you are planning on using the icebox for short camping trips or day trips, an icebox is a great choice. They are cheaper, lighter and with ice - your food will be kept cool.
However, for a longer trip when you required a larger volume of food to stay cool, a portable fridge will probably be the best choice.
What can I clean my ice box with?
Evakool recommend cleaning the ice box range with warm soapy water, avoid using chemicals as they may affect the lining. Do not use an abrasive cloth