Dometic TEC 29 Petrol generator
SKU: T130000004 Learn More»
Dometic TEC29 Petrol Generator
With a small footprint, this robust 2.6kW built-in unleaded petrol generator provides 230V AC anytime and anywhere! With low fuel consumption, pure sine wave and quiet, anti-vibration design: this generator is built for life on the road
The Dometic TEC 29 petrol generator is built for life on the road. It is compact, lightweight, easy to install and quiet. Utilizing Dometic inverter technology, the TEC 29 generator ensures a convenient, safe and reliable power supply whenever mains power is unavailable. It is easily controlled remotely from inside the vehicle via the wall-mounted digital control panel and conveniently features an auto start function which starts the generator to recharge a battery as soon as its voltage becomes low. The flexible and anti-vibration design of the TEC 29 allows the unit to be mounted externally, suspended from the vehicle chassis or mounted to the floor in a vehicle locker. Sound is supressed to 54 dB A measured at 7 m thanks to its insulated steel cabinet and the 2600 W of continuous output is extremely efficient. There's no reason to ever be without power!
- Led Control Panel - Display status and allows precise control
- Robust - Heavy-duty construction is built to last
- Secure - Locking mechanism with included key
- Small footprint for flexible internal or external mounting
- Inverter technology - 230V +1% pure sign wave with total distortion maximum 1%
- Low unleaded petrol fuel consumption, generatir RPM adjusts to the load applied at max 1.2l/h
- Stainless steel cabinet
- High continuous and peak output power ( 2600 / 2900 W )
- Parallel connection to boost power to 4800 W
- Bonded earth to neutral for RCD fitment
Product Category Inverter Generators
Maximum Output: 2900 Watts
kVA (Max Power): 2.9 kVA
Continuous Output: 2600 Watts
Dimensions: 385 x 480 x 290 mm (L x W x H) (Note: with suspension, width is 580 mm)
Weight: 44 Kg
NOTE: see full product specifications & further product info in the Description section on this page.
Warranty Period: 1 Year
Warranty Details: Please CLICK HERE for Warranty Information on this product
- We ship Australia-wide with national road express freight companies such as Star Track, TNT and Toll.
- Small Items are sent with Australia Post via regular post.
- Delivery times are generally 3-5 days from day of dispatch for major cities (sometimes quicker). Please allow longer for regional and remote areas.
- Once your item(s) have been dispatched, we will provide you freight tracking information so you can track your delivery to your door.
- Items are fully insured during the freight process.
- Unfortunately we cannot deliver to PO Boxes.
- For further details on our Delivery Process you can visit our Delivery Page HERE.
Important Covid-19 Comment: during these difficult times, our dispatch and delivery times are longer than normal. Please allow additional days for delivery over and above the normal estimates outlined above.
Be The First To Review This Product!
Help other CARAVANRVCAMPING users shop smarter by writing reviews for products you have purchased.
What is an inverter generator?
An inverter generator is a lightweight compact and generally silenced generator. More often than not the generator is housed in a small suitcase style exterior that helps keep noise emissions low and allows for easy transportation.
The inverter is equipped with a microprocessor that inverts DC power back to AC power. This inversion produces a clean pure sine wave power output that is effective for powering modern appliances with sensitive electronics on board.
Another main benefit is the economical fuel consumption of an inverter generator. The engine is throttle controlled and when set to Economy idle, will rev up and down to match the load being drawn. This feature allows for longer run times and cheaper running costs than the conventional style generators.
What is the best size generator to run my caravan?
A 2000W - 2400W silenced Inverter Generator is a good size for powering your appliances in your caravan, but you will not be able to run everything at the same time.
The advantage of choosing a generator in this range is size and weight. Most of the models in the 2000 - 2400W range are between 20 and 30KG and can fit in most generator lock boxes mounted on the van.
Examples of typical power draw of caravan appliances:
- Caravan Microwave - 900W
- Domestic standard Microwave - 2000W - 2200W
- Air Conditioner 2000W - 2400W Call us for advice if you need to power an Air Con
- Coffee Pod Machine 1300W - 1800W
- TV - 200W
- Upright Caravan Fridge - 50W - 100W
- Battery Charger - 500W - 900W
Some people prefer to grab a good quality 3000W inverter generator on wheels (example the Briggs & Stratton P3400 Inverter generator) if they want to run a few appliances at the same time.
It is always important to purchase a silenced inverter for caravan applications.
What type of oil do I need to use with my petrol inverter generator?
Hi, the oil you require is either 10W-30 or 10W-40, please advise the product manual for the correct oil. These types of oils can be purchased at any service station.