Dometic COOLICE 22L ROTOMOLDED ICEBOX
Reviews: Rated 5/5 based on 3 reviews. SKU: WCI-22 Learn More»
Dometic COOLICE 22L ROTOMOLDED ICEBOX
KEEP ICE FROZEN FOR DAYS
Dometic Cool-Ice iceboxes, such as the Dometic Cool-Ice, are perfect for any occasion where there is no power readily available. They will keep your ice frozen for days – up to ten days, depending on model usage and conditions. These robust iceboxes are ideal for continuous exposure to weather, especially on boats. The thick, refrigeration grade foam insulation and 'Labyrinth Seal Design' feature contribute to longer lasting ice. Its rotomoulded design means there's no seams where heat can get in or cold can escape! Cool-Ice iceboxes are also extremely strong, durable and easy to clean. This smaller model of icebox comes with a convenient carry strap for easy transport.
GREAT SEALING DESIGN
High outside temperatures, uneven terrain, dust and mud? The “indestructible” Dometic iceboxes will take this in their stride. The Cool Ice boxes are equipped with extremely effective insulation, and once the cool packs or ice cubes have been placed inside, they will keep groceries, fish, bait and wild game fresh. Depending on use and weather conditions, this can be for several days at a time! They also come with a 5 year guarantee! Ultimately, every single detail of these boxes, made from impact resistant and seamless plastic, is designed for the toughest conditions. This trusty icebox come with strong and thick refrigeration grade foam insulation with unique labyrinth seal design that holds the cold air inside and hot air out for longer. This ensures your ice lasts much longer, despite the harsh outside temperatures.
- Gross capacity of 22 l
- Dimensions: 363 x 314 x 386 mm
- Thick insulation and unique sealing design means ice lasts longer
- Hygienic and easy to clean with large diameter drain plug
- Lightweight and easy to carry with strong shoulder strap
- Strong, seamless, food grade polyethylene construction
- Durable, integrated hinges with stainless steel rods, strong nylon latches and stainless steel fixing screws
Product Category Ice Box
Icebox Material Polyethylene
Total Capacity: 22 Litres
Icebox Length: 388 mm
Icebox Width: 360 mm
Icebox Height: 313 mm
Weight: 4.2 Kg
NOTE: see full product specifications & further product info in the Description section on this page.
Warranty Period: 5 Years
Warranty Details: Please CLICK HERE for Warranty Information on this product
- Small Items are sent with Australia Post via regular post.
- Items are fully insured during the freight process.
- Unfortunately we cannot deliver to PO Boxes.
- For further details on our Delivery Process you can visit our Delivery Page HERE.
Great eskyBy: Rachael on 16 May 2022
Fantastic Esky, sturdy as a seat when needed, holds a great amount without being too big or small. Also good to use as a table if you need a bench top space for any reason.
Coolice esky rotomoldedBy: Janine Feldman on 2 April 2022
Very happy with this product, very sturdy
Good little ice boxBy: Russell on 30 March 2022
Received this a bonus whe i bought the Dometic fridge. Couldn't be happier.
- How can I increase the longevity of ice in my Dometic Icebox?
A few tips to keep ice for longer:
- Keep your icebox cool before use by keeping it in a cool area for a few hours. Using block ice inside the icebox will also increase the time the ice lasts.
- Ensure anything getting put in the icebox is cold beforehand.
- Try to keep the icebox as full as possible, as there will be less warm air getting into the icebox when it is opened.
- Try to avoid opening the icebox unnecessarily.
Is this ice box suitable if I want to keep food warm?
The answer is No, an icebox is designed to keep ice frozen for as long as possible. Which mean it will not keep food warm.
If you are looking to keep food warm, we recommend looking at our range of Thermoelectric Cooler/Warmers. A thermoelectric cooler/warmer requires either 240V or 12/24V power to run. Most of them have a capacity to heat to 55- 65 °C above outside temp and cool down to blow around 20- 25 °C.
How can I increase the longevity of ice in my Icebox?
We have a few recommendations to ensure that ice is kept for longer:
- To ensure a cooler icebox, you can use block ice to increase the ice to last longer.
- Another tip is to cool down the icebox a few hours before use. A good idea is not to leave it in the sun.
- Cool down the items before moving them to the icebox.
- If you keep the icebox topped up at all time, it gives less space for the hot air to enter when opened.
- Always the most important tip, avoid opening the icebox to keep the cool air in.
What are the main differences between a fibreglass icebox and a plastic (polyethylene) icebox?
There are some features to consider when choosing between a polyethylene or fibreglass iceboxes. Here are some Pro's and Con's between them:
- Both the exterior and interior is built with fibreglass between the insulation layers, this will help to ensure constant cooling.
- The fibreglass is considered a non-porous material, which ensure that no odour or smell is retained. Which make them great for storing fish during your fishing trips!
- These iceboxes typically can keep ice between 5-7 days.
- A fibreglass will always be heavier if compared to a plastic ice box.
- More expensive compared to a polyethylene ice box.
- Between the outer coatings of the icebox contains a layer of insulation. This is generally created with a Roto-moulded method. Due to the bigger part of the icebox are a form of the large polyethylene plastic, the result means that the icebox have fewer gaps and joins to ensure a low heat absorption.
- A plastic icebox is lighter compared to a fibreglass.
- A downside to these is that they will retain the odour compared to the fibreglass. We always recommend ensuring to clean your icebox between your trips to ensure a better smelling ice box.
I'm trying to decide between a portable fridge or an icebox for our next trip: can you help me decide?
Of course, this is a great question, and it all comes down to what you are meant to use it for.
Here are some Pro's of owning an icebox:
- Buying an icebox is cheaper compared to a portable fridge freezer.
- The iceboxes are waterproof, which can be good if you want to use it outdoor during your trips.
- No electricity required when using an icebox — just requires the icebox & ice!
- If it is not being used to store food, you can store other gear in it.
- Much lighter compared to a portable fridge. This is good point if you are worried about the weight or are transporting the icebox from place to place.
Con's on an icebox:
- Requires to always have ice.
- Depending on if you have a plastic or a fibreglass icebox, the ice will only last for a few days. If you are going on a longer trip, we recommend a portable fridge/freezer.
- When the ice melts, the food is going to get soggy — this is something to consider.
- The ice will take up internal space in the icebox, which may require you to get a larger sized icebox.
To conclude, if you are planning on using the icebox for short camping trips or day trips, an icebox is a great choice. They are cheaper, lighter and with ice - your food will be kept cool.
However, for a longer trip when you required a larger volume of food to stay cool, a portable fridge will probably be the best choice.