Telair Ice S Plus 2800 Roof Top Air Conditioner
Caravan Roof Top Air Conditioner
SKU: 30000128001000 Learn More»
Telair Ice S Plus 2800 Roof Top Air Conditioner
The Telair ICE S 2800 has been designed specifically to be installed on the roofs of Caravans and RVs.
The flat and aerodynamic roof-mounted air conditioner is the perfect solution, taking up minimal space inside the vehicle. The ICE S diffuser has a modern super-flat design (just 4.2cm thick) saving space while looking sleek.
Fitted with an efficient and silent system for distributing cold or hot air that can reach any part of the vehicle. Special care has been taken to ensure LOW NOISE both inside and outside.
Includes an infrared remote control with large display as well as timer function to turn ON or OFF.
Recommended vehicle size: 13-22ft | 4-7m
Suitable for roofs 30–70mm thick
- HEAT PUMP - High-efficiency heat pump supplies double the heating power for the power supplied. Effective for outside temperatures down to 0℃. Please note below this temperature the efficiency is greatly reduced.
- AUTOMATIC CONTROL - By activating the AUTO function the air conditioner selects the most suitable ventilation speed and the cool/heat function automatically.
- REMOTE CONTROL - Remote control with programmable timer includes LED display that shows all functions and room temperature.
- ANTI-FREEZE PROTECTION PROBES - Protects your air conditioner from freezing over.
- INTERNAL FILTERS - Easily changed and removed for washing.
- Power Supply 230V: 50Hz sinusoidal
- Max Current Consumption: 4.8Amp/hr
- Peak Current: 18A (0.15 sec)
- Cooling Power Consumption: 990 Watt
- Heating Power Consumption: 950 Watt
- Compressor Soft Start: 72ms
- Cooling Capacity: 2500 Watt
- Heating Capacity: 2450 Watt
- Operating Temperature: 0–48℃
- Temperature Adjustment Range: 16–31℃
- Internal Fan Speed Number: 3
- Max Internal Air Flow: 450 m³/h
- Type/Quantity of Coolant Gas: R407C / 480g
- Waterproof Rating IP: IP X4
- Generator Required: 2200 Watt
- Dimensions (LxWxH): 98 x 65 x 23.9 cm
- Diffuser Dimensions (LxWxH): 45 x 45 x 4.2 cm
- Roof Cut Out Dimensions (HxW): 36 x 36 cm
- Weight: 36kg
Note: Fitting and Install instructions come with the unit, but it is advised a qualified installer (electrical contractor) undertakes the installation.
Product Category RV Air Conditioners
Best For Vehicle Length Up to 7m
Cooling Capacity: 2500 Watt
Roof Opening: 360mm x 360mm
Dimensions: 980mm x 650mm x 239mm
NOTE: see full product specifications & further product info in the Description section on this page.
Warranty Period: 2 Years
Warranty Details: Please CLICK HERE for Warranty Information on this product
- We ship Australia-wide with national road express freight companies such as Star Track, TNT and Toll.
- Small Items are sent with Australia Post via regular post.
- Delivery times are generally 3-5 days from day of dispatch for major cities (sometimes quicker). Please allow longer for regional and remote areas.
- Once your item(s) have been dispatched, we will provide you freight tracking information so you can track your delivery to your door.
- Items are fully insured during the freight process.
- Unfortunately we cannot deliver to PO Boxes.
- For further details on our Delivery Process you can visit our Delivery Page HERE.
Important Covid-19 Comment: during these difficult times, our dispatch and delivery times are longer than normal. Please allow additional days for delivery over and above the normal estimates outlined above.
Be The First To Review This Product!
Help other CARAVANRVCAMPING users shop smarter by writing reviews for products you have purchased.
I intend to run my Caravan Air Conditioner from a Generator as we will be staying in unpowered locations and my battery bank is not big enough to run the AC for very long. What size Generator do you recommend running my Caravan AC?
The answer is quite simple, and it just depends on the Caravan Aircon model you have. If you have one of the newer Caravan Aircon models that include inverter technology within the compressor (such as the Dometic Harrier or Dometic Ibis4 Aircon models), then a 2000w inverter generator will be fine.
If you have an Aircon model that does not include inverter technology within the compressor (of which there are many new and old Aircon models on the market that do not have inverter tech), then we would recommend a minimum 2200-2400w inverter generator. This is because the Aircon models without inverter technology in the compressor require a bit more power on start up.
Please note that the above sizing advice does not take into consideration any other appliances running and drawing power from the generator at the same time as the Aircon is running.
As a general rule, depending on the above criteria of Aircon compressor type, most of our Caravan customers will opt for a generator of around 2000 to 3500 watts in size. There are other larger inverter generator models available from 4000 to 6500 watts in size, but these are less commonly used by caravan/RV owners.
Popular Caravan Generator models include:
Can I run my Caravan Air Conditioner from my Caravan Battery Bank?
The short answer is yes, it is possible. However, there are a few extra important things to consider.
The main thing is how long you will be able to run your Aircon for. Let us take one of the more popular and energy efficient Caravan Aircon models on the market: the Dometic Ibis4 Rooftop Aircon: The peak power draw is around 1400w to 1500w. So, you could use a quality 2000w+ inverter (note that Caravan Aircons are 240V) with say a 200ah lithium battery and you will get around 1-2 hours Aircon run time, before you must recharge the batteries again. Depending on how you recharge your batteries (DC to DC charger, solar, mains power etc.), this charging will take time.
So once again; you can do it with certain batteries & inverters if you are aware of how that will affect your battery storage and charge loss... and knowing how to manage that system.
You can get a larger lithium battery system to run your Aircon for longer, but obviously this will cost more, so that needs to be considered. It is certainly a big recent trend that our RV customers are installing quality lithium battery systems to run their Caravans/Motorhomes etc. However, running an Aircon unit can be one of the larger power drawing appliances in your van, so it pays to consider your power system's capabilities and how long you want to run the Aircon.
If you are just pulling up for short stops (1-2hrs) and you are doing a lot of driving, you can run your Caravan Aircon from your lithium batteries for this short time. Many RV owners do this, and as new Caravan Aircon models become increasingly energy efficient and lithium battery advancements evolve to be cheaper, more powerful, and even lighter, then we will certainly see this trend increase. However, currently the popular and often cost-effective choice to run your Aircon if you do not have access to mains power (i.e., free camping) is to use a small inverter generator. You can get a quality 2000-2400w sized inverter generator from around $1,000-$1,500 and these will run many RV Aircon units for 7+ hours before having to refuel.
So once again, you can use a battery system, but it is not always the most practical option. For more advice on Power Systems to run your Caravan/RV, feel free to give us a call on: 1800 787 278.
I'm looking at buying one of your Caravan Air Conditioner models for my 20ft Caravan. What do I need to know about installation and set once I get the AC unit delivered?
Hi there, fitting and Install instructions come with each Aircon unit, but it is advised a qualified installer (electrical contractor) undertakes the installation.
What are the noise levels of your Caravan Air Conditioner units? I'm looking for a quiet model.
This is a commonly asked question by Caravan/RV owners; however, it is unfortunate that Caravan Aircon manufacturers do not provide dBA ratings in their product model specifications.
We can say that we only sell high quality Air Conditioners from premium brands in the RV industry. The only time we have encountered an issue with noise is when the install was not undertaken correctly which can cause a rattle. However, if you ensure the install is done properly, there will be no issues with any of our RV Aircon units being too noisy.
One other piece of feedback we can provide, is that the two latest Dometic Aircon models (Harrier and Ibis4) have inverter technology within the compressor, meaning any vibration is minimised. Our customers and our internal testing suggest that when these models are operating at high cooling mode, the noise level is very, very low, making them arguably the quietest Aircon models in the market.
Does the Aircon unit come pre gassed ready to go or does it need to be charged?
Yes, the Aircon is pre gassed from factory and is ready to install.