Victron Orion-Tr Smart 12/12-30A (360W) Non-isolated DC-DC charger
Reviews: Rated 5/5 based on 2 reviews. SKU: ORI121236140 Learn More»
Victron Orion-Tr Smart 12/12-30A (360W) Non-isolated DC-DC charger
The Orion-Tr Smart DC-DC charger is a professional DC to DC adaptive 3-stage charger with built-in Bluetooth. For use in dual battery systems in vehicles or on boats where the alternator and the start battery are used to charge the service battery. The unit can be monitored and programmed via Bluetooth and can be remotely controlled via a remote on/off switch.
The Orion Tr-Smart charger can be used in 12V or 24V systems and is suitable for both lead-acid and lithium batteries. Models are available up to 400W and unlimited multiple units can be connected in parallel to increase output power. Suitable for high temperatures up to 55°C with a full rated output up to 40°C.
- Battery charge algorithm (configurable) or fixed output.
- Smart alternator compatibility: engine running detection mechanism.
- For lead-acid batteries, it is important that during shallow discharges the absorption time is kept short in order to prevent overcharging of the battery. After a deep discharge, the absorption time is automatically increased to make sure that the battery is completely recharged.
- For lithium batteries, absorption time is fixed default 2 hours.
- Alternatively, a fixed output voltage can be chosen.
Input fuse (not replaceable)
The main difference with an isolated DC-DC charger is the connection to each battery as there is only one negative connection to the battery. Plus, there is no internal connection between the negatives in the battery. Some systems require an isolated DC to DC charger, this can be some of the reasons:
- Typically, marine application with limited corrosion
- Decrease noise from one battery system that will affect another battery system
One example of a non-isolated system is an automotive system, such as both batteries are negative and connected to the chassis of a vehicle. The system is non-isolated but either unit will suit.
No Solar Regulator in the DC-DC Charger:
Victron have chosen to separate the charger and the solar regulators, these are the advantages:
- You can choose the correct solar regulator to match your panels with the best efficiency for the solar charging
- The solar can be charging into the battery system simultaneously with the onboard vehicle charging
- Without a solar regulator, the DC-DC charger will stay cheaper
- Output Current Rating 30 Amps
- DC Input Voltage 10-17V
- DC Output Voltage 12,2 V
- Standby Current Less than 1mA
- Efficiency 87%
- Operating Temperature Range -20 to +55°C (derate 3% per °C above 40°C)
- Humidity Maximum 95% non-condensing
- Short Circuit Current 60A
- Under Voltage Shutdown 7V
- Maximum Charge Current 40A
- No Load Power Consumption <80 mA
- Dimensions 130 x 186 x 80 mm
- Warranty 5 Years
Product Category Battery Chargers
Output Current Rating (Amps): 30 Ah
Weight: 1.8 Kg
Dimensions: 130 x 186 x 80 mm (L x W x H)
NOTE: see full product specifications & further product info in the Description section on this page.
Warranty Period: 5 Years
Warranty Details: Please CLICK HERE for Warranty Information on this product
- We ship Australia-wide with national road express freight companies such as Star Track, TNT and Toll.
- Small Items are sent with Australia Post via regular post.
- Delivery times are generally 3-5 days from day of dispatch for major cities (sometimes quicker). Please allow longer for regional and remote areas.
- Once your item(s) have been dispatched, we will provide you freight tracking information so you can track your delivery to your door.
- Items are fully insured during the freight process.
- Unfortunately we cannot deliver to PO Boxes.
- For further details on our Delivery Process you can visit our Delivery Page HERE.
Important Covid-19 Comment: during these difficult times, our dispatch and delivery times are longer than normal. Please allow additional days for delivery over and above the normal estimates outlined above.
Victron 12-30 DCDC ChargersBy: Keith W Jurd on 29 September 2021
Fitted one each in the car and camper. Installation and set up straight forward. Both work perfectly. Great product and I liked not having to pay for a solar mode which I do not need.
So Far So GreatBy: Sean Overall on 9 April 2021
Having installed the Victron charger just over a month ago, you could say so far I'm impressed. The install process is super easy due to the screw in connectors. Finding space for the unit that in the photos looks deceivingly small, but accurate to the measurements provided. It charges fast and using the Victron App was easy and it tells you what you need to know. It doesn't tell you both battery voltages sadly but gives a good indication about what the charger itself is doing at all times. My only criticism so far is the lack of a good waterproofing rating as I have the charger installed under the bonnet (not optimal but that's where the battery is, but its up as far back and out of the way as it can be) and just the sheer thickness of the unit with its large heat sink (which should help a lot with temperatures, so a compromise at best). For the price I'm very happy and impressed as going to a RedArc was my next option but this is a good choice for me as I dont run solar yet. I'm interested to see how it holds up on a really hot day's running but that will have to wait for a while yet. The app could give you more info but then they couldn't sell smart shunts that do that job for you and it could be a bit smaller and more waterproof but that would add cost and reduce efficiency.
- What is a "Smart" DC to DC Charger?
"Smart" DC to DC Chargers allow you to monitor and set changes easily and is only available in Victron energy systems. You can connect your Bluetooth device (Smartphone) to the Victron Charger via the Victron Connect APP available in App Store, Google Play, Mac app and Download for Windows.
- Hi, I was wondering why the Victron DC to DC chargers do not have a solar regulator?
Victron sell their solar regulators separately in order to keep the price of the DC to DC chargers low. You are able to purchase the corresponding solar regulator to match your solar panels.
- Can you please explain the difference between isolated and non-isolated Victron DC to DC chargers?
Isolated DC-DC chargers have one negative connection for each battery and there is no internal connection between the negatives and are used for systems that require limiting corrosion (Typically marine applications) and preventing noise on one battery system from effecting the other battery system. You can use either charger for systems that do not require isolation.