RV WIFI+4GX Portable Caravan WIFI Internet
Reviews: Rated 5/5 based on 21 reviews. SKU: RVWifi-Plus Learn More»
RV WI-FI – PORTABLE WIFI INTERNET FOR CARAVANS & MOTORHOMES
Powered by the caravan, no charges to worry about, simple, easy
The statistics are in, 95% of family homes and business are Wi Fi enabled giving occupants access to up to date on line data, social media, music and movies – the options are endless, with the internet being on an unstoppable course and where it is revealing itself as the prevalent communications technology of choice. RV Wi-Fi routers are optimised for the Telstra networks 3G and 4G data pre paid plans, though the RV Wi-Fi+ enables you to choose your own provider to access the internet to give you the best range or price options available and you only pay for the time you’re using the caravan. The coverage of this device is available where mobile coverage is available from your carrier, only better due to the external antenna providing greater range. The RV Wifi + typically provides up to 50 meters of coverage from your caravan or motorhome and allows you to connect multiple devices at once as well as using from your car whilst travelling. In addition, it comes with a built in media centre, allowing you to insert a hard drive or USB and share movies, images or music over multiple devices.
The RV Wi-Fi router Software has been developed specifically for the Australian Recreational Vehicle community.
- 4 x Internal Antennas
- 1 x External Antenna
- 12V Power Cord
- Telstra Starter Kit
- Warranty registration card
- Installation manual
- User manual
- Facebook link
- Contact us
- Video content page
- News page
- Software updates via download
Features of RV Wi-Fi+:
- Enhanced reception with our external 3G/4G/Wi-Fi antenna
- Top up when you need to
- RV Wi-Fi+ enables you to ‘choose your own provider’
- Wi-Fi access for the family whilst towing your caravan
- A ‘Hot Spot’ that stays with the caravan when your phone moves away
- Access the internet from multiple devices
- Specially designed software for Recreational Vehicles.
- 12 volt power connection
- 2x Wi-Fi Antennas for improved Wi-Fi performance
- Up to 40 meters coverage from caravan or motorhome
- Dimensions of RV Router: Width 8.3cm x Length 13cm x Height 3.2cm
- Internal Wifi Antenna Length: 19.5cm
- External Aerial: Height (including bracket): 50mm Diameter:125mm
Warranty Period: 1 Year
Warranty Details: Please CLICK HERE for Warranty Information on this product
- We ship Australia-wide with national road express freight companies such as Star Track, TNT and Toll.
- Small Items are sent with Australia Post via regular post.
- Delivery times are generally 3-5 days from day of dispatch for major cities (sometimes quicker). Please allow longer for regional and remote areas.
- Once your item(s) have been dispatched, we will provide you freight tracking information so you can track your delivery to your door.
- Items are fully insured during the freight process.
- Unfortunately we cannot deliver to PO Boxes.
- For further details on our Delivery Process you can visit our Delivery Page HERE.
Important Covid-19 Comment: during these difficult times, our dispatch and delivery times are longer than normal. Please allow additional days for delivery over and above the normal estimates outlined above.
RV wifiBy: Andrew Ward on 5 September 2020Good pre sales support on phone. Delivered as promised. Easy to configure and install. Have used the internal antennas until I have time to install the external unit. Still good internal signal though. Quickly connects to our mobile devices, laptop and Apple TV unit.
RV WIFI InternetBy: Pat Daley on 25 August 2020This is the best investment I have made for my work to continue. Since the Covid disruption I have found normal hotel or motel accomodation a problem and have had to use a RV for a mobil office and the RV WIFI +4G allowed this to happen. Easy to set up and I get service everywhere in QLD I work between Telstra and Optus. I am about to order two more units for my work coleages.
What a great little unitBy: Reg Kruit on 20 August 2020Found this RV wi fi set up easy to install, compact and neat and so far has supplied great coverage. Highly recommended for RV travellers who want to stay connected.
WifiBy: Therese Whalan on 13 August 2020Very happy with purchase, install and after one use working well.
Great Wi-Fi for travellersBy: Adrian Walsh on 21 May 2020Purchased the rv Wi-Fi for us as we are on the road full time and it works off the mobile signal. It has worked very well and we have had great support. Recommend 100%.
Q: What size SIM card should l use?
A: Always use a FULL sized SIM card
Q: What if l insert the wrong sized SIM card?
A: You will know that the wrong sized SIM card has been inserted, if once it is inserted it can no longer be seen. If inserted correctly, approximately 3mm should be visible out of the end of your RV WIFI router. To retrieve, use a small paper clip unfolded and insert it in the SIM card slot. Work from one side of the SIM slot until you feel the SIM card. Gently edge it out of the slot. Once out, it needs to be placed inside the Fullsized SIM card casing. It fits together like a jigsaw puzzle. It must be completely flat to work. Once full sized, it can be put back into the SIM card slot. You will feel a ‘click’ when it is in correctly.
Q: Do l need a SIM card to operate the WIFI?
A: If you are using the Media centre to stream from an inserted USB or External hard Drive, then you do not need to have a SIM card inserted. If you are sending information to a WIFI device, like a printer, then you do not need to have a SIM card inserted. Always turn your router off and on again after doing any adjustments to the SIM card. The router needs to re-read the SIM card once it has been inserted, so turning it off and on again will enable it to do this.
Q: What is the maximum & average gain from the external antenna when in a fringe reception area?
A: The maximum gain is 5.4db. The average is 3.2 for B28 and is impedance matched to the RVWIFI router. There are three antennas inside the external antenna. 1 x 3G, 1 x 4G, 1 x WIFI. Each of the 3G and 4G antennas have a gain of 4dB.
Q: What is an ‘omni-directional’ antenna?
A: RV wifi's external antenna delivers coverage in a circular horizonal direction. The WIFI antenna will give you a range of up to 40 metres from the RV
Q: What is the length of the internal antenna’s?
Q: How long are the external antenna leads?
A: 2 metres each in length.
Q: Can these lengths be adjusted?
A: They can be adjusted by seeking assistance from an auto electrician.
Q: Can l attach a different external antenna to the RV WIFI router?
A: Yes, the connector on the router is a SMA Female for 3G/4G connections. You will need to get an adapter that suits.
Q: What coverage can I expect to get?
A: As RV Wifi accesses their data from a range of Data Providers - the coverage is where they are available. Search on the internet for coverage maps. These are normally located on your providers web site.
Q: Is there any device in my RV that l should not place the router or antenna near?
A: 1. The external antenna is best placed clear of high objects that will restrict its capacity to receive and send.
2. The router needs to be placed away from the solar inverter.
Q: How many concurrent Wi-Fi device connections can your product support?
A: The limit is up to 230 devices at once.
Q: What size external hard drive can be connected?
A: RV WIFI has been tested up to 1TB.
Q: How is RV WI-FI different to hot spotting my phone, or a ‘pocket device’?
A: The RV WI-FI solution has been created with the specific needs of the RV community. The differences are as follows:
• Superior 3G/4G coverage driven through the antenna set up high on the vehicle.
• Wired in to the 12V supply of the van, so no chargers to look after or lose.
• Superior Wi-Fi coverage – typically 50 metres or more from the Caravan/ Motorhome.
• The RV WI-FI router Software has been developed with the travelling holiday in mind, there is no other product like it. No bill shock – no impact to your phone data plan.
Q: How much power does the RV WIFI draw?
A: 250milliamps (mA)
Q: How long is the external aerial cable length?
A: The cable for the external aerial is 2 meters long