RV WIFI+4GX Portable Caravan WIFI Internet
Reviews: Rated 5/5 based on 34 reviews. SKU: RVWifi-Plus Learn More»
RV WI-FI – PORTABLE WIFI INTERNET FOR CARAVANS & MOTORHOMES
Powered by the caravan, no charges to worry about, simple, easy
The statistics are in, 95% of family homes and business are Wi Fi enabled giving occupants access to up to date on line data, social media, music and movies – the options are endless, with the internet being on an unstoppable course and where it is revealing itself as the prevalent communications technology of choice. RV Wi-Fi routers are optimised for the Telstra networks 3G and 4G data pre paid plans, though the RV Wi-Fi+ enables you to choose your own provider to access the internet to give you the best range or price options available and you only pay for the time you’re using the caravan. The coverage of this device is available where mobile coverage is available from your carrier, only better due to the external antenna providing greater range. The RV Wifi + typically provides up to 50 meters of coverage from your caravan or motorhome and allows you to connect multiple devices at once as well as using from your car whilst travelling. In addition, it comes with a built in media centre, allowing you to insert a hard drive or USB and share movies, images or music over multiple devices.
The RV Wi-Fi router Software has been developed specifically for the Australian Recreational Vehicle community.
- 4 x Internal Antennas
- 1 x External Antenna
- 12V Power Cord
- Telstra Starter Kit
- Warranty registration card
- Installation manual
- User manual
- Facebook link
- Contact us
- Video content page
- News page
- Software updates via download
Features of RV Wi-Fi+:
- Enhanced reception with our external 3G/4G/Wi-Fi antenna
- Top up when you need to
- RV Wi-Fi+ enables you to ‘choose your own provider’
- Wi-Fi access for the family whilst towing your caravan
- A ‘Hot Spot’ that stays with the caravan when your phone moves away
- Access the internet from multiple devices
- Specially designed software for Recreational Vehicles.
- 12 volt power connection
- 2x Wi-Fi Antennas for improved Wi-Fi performance
- Up to 50 meters coverage from caravan or motorhome
- Dimensions of RV Router: Width 8.3cm x Length 13cm x Height 3.2cm
- Internal Wifi Antenna Length: 19.5cm
- External Aerial: Height (including bracket): 50mm Diameter:125mm
Warranty Period: 1 Year
Warranty Details: Please CLICK HERE for Warranty Information on this product
- We ship Australia-wide with national road express freight companies such as Star Track, TNT and Toll.
- Small Items are sent with Australia Post via regular post.
- Delivery times are generally 3-5 days from day of dispatch for major cities (sometimes quicker). Please allow longer for regional and remote areas.
- Once your item(s) have been dispatched, we will provide you freight tracking information so you can track your delivery to your door.
- Items are fully insured during the freight process.
- Unfortunately we cannot deliver to PO Boxes.
- For further details on our Delivery Process you can visit our Delivery Page HERE.
Important Covid-19 Comment: during these difficult times, our dispatch and delivery times are longer than normal. Please allow additional days for delivery over and above the normal estimates outlined above.
RV WiFiBy: Suzi on 17 January 2021
Connected! Set up the device in the house. Our location has poor mobile reception outside and in the house. It works well. Cheaper than other options and able to be used in our van when travelling. Worth trying!
RvwifiBy: Ale cehic on 14 January 2021
Great product easy to set up works really well no issues great service
Much needed productBy: Carter Lloyd on 9 January 2021
The service was prompt. Easy to set up. Anticipate it will be very useful and a significant improvement on using phone as a hotspot
RVWIFIBy: Trevor Pahl on 6 January 2021
Installed the RV WiFi in my Jayco and put in a Boost 250 Sim and hooked it and it works a treat. Netflix etc all good. Changed the password easily and now run all of our items off it and it even reaches my car while driving so my wife can use it mobile .
RV Wifi +4GXBy: Brendan Phyland on 4 January 2021
The instructions were very easy to follow and set up was very simple. Just needed to activate and prepay for Telstra service and plug in the device and internet was available.
- What size SIM card should l use?
Always use a FULL sized SIM card
- What if l insert the wrong sized SIM card?
- Do l need a SIM card to operate the WIFI?
If you are using the Media centre to stream from an inserted USB or External hard Drive, then you do not need to have a SIM card inserted. If you are sending information to a WIFI device, like a printer, then you do not need to have a SIM card inserted. Always turn your router off and on again after doing any adjustments to the SIM card. The router needs to re-read the SIM card once it has been inserted, so turning it off and on again will enable it to do this.
- Can I use the SIM from my mobile phone?
Yes, as long as you to use the SIM adapter that is provided with the RVWifi kit.
- Do I have to sign up to a mobile phone contract?
- How do I set my Wi-Fi password?
Step by step instructions can be found in the operation manual.
Resetting the password: The factory WIFI password/security key is : rvwifi1234. Open a browser and visit http://10.0.1.1 on your device. This will get access to the back end of the router to change the password but first you need to be connected to the network, which is where the WIFI password/security key is entered.
- What is the maximum & average gain from the external antenna when in a fringe reception area?
The maximum gain is 5.4db. The average is 3.2 for B28 and is impedance matched to the RVWIFI router. There are three antennas inside the external antenna. 1 x 3G, 1 x 4G, 1 x WIFI. Each of the 3G and 4G antennas have a gain of 4dB.
- What is an ‘omni-directional’ antenna?
RV wifi's external antenna delivers coverage in a circular horizonal direction. The WIFI antenna will give you a range of up to 50 metres from the RV
- What is the length of the internal antenna’s?
- How long are the external antenna leads?
2 metres each in length.
- Can these lengths be adjusted?
They can be adjusted by seeking assistance from an auto electrician.
- Can l attach a different external antenna to the RV WIFI router?
Yes, the connector on the router is a SMA Female for 3G/4G connections. You will need to get an adapter that suits.
- What coverage can I expect to get?
As RV Wifi accesses their data from a range of Data Providers - the coverage is where they are available. Search on the internet for coverage maps. These are normally located on your providers web site.
- Does it work everywhere?
RV WIFI+ works with the a number of data providers including Telstra, Vodafone and Optus to name a few. Choose the provider that suits you best. And whilst coverage is not everywhere, coverage will extend to most places most people will take their caravan or motorhome.
- Do I have to set up my antenna when I arrive?
No, the antenna is a set and forget, no need to mess around with setup when you arrive.
- How does RV Wi-Fi compare to Satellite Wi-Fi?
- Is there any device in my RV that l should not place the router or antenna near?
- The external antenna is best placed clear of high objects that will restrict its capacity to receive and send.
- The router needs to be placed away from the solar inverter.
- How many concurrent Wi-Fi device connections can your product support?
The limit is up to 230 devices at once.
- What size external hard drive can be connected?
RV WIFI has been tested up to 1TB.
- How is RV WI-FI different to hot spotting my phone, or a ‘pocket device’?
- Does RV Wi-fi work with streaming video services such as YouTube or NetFlix?
- How much power does the RV WIFI draw?
- How long is the external aerial cable length?
The cable for the external aerial is 2 meters long