Fastway E2 Roundbar Hitch with no shank 8,000lb
SKU: PR94-00-08NS Learn More»
FASTWAY E2 ROUNDBAR HITCH WITH NO SHANK 8,000LB
With the Fastway e2 hitch there’s nothing extra to buy and install. Nothing extra to store. Nothing extra to remove before you can back into your campsite or make a u-turn. For a faster, easier and safer towing experience, get a Fastway e2 hitch today!
The Fastway e2™ hitch is the best-selling sway control and weight distribution hitch in the USA and is now available in Australia.
For the best and safest towing experience, you need the Fastway e2™ hitch, providing you with fast, easy connectivity to your trailer without the hassle, chains, add-on sway bars or dampening arms.
With its built-in sway control, the Fastway e2™ hitch has no reversing, turning, or weather restrictions. It’s rigid brackets in conjunction with the sway control bars give you permanent sway control for smarter, safer towing. Old style Weight Distribution hitches don’t provide built-in sway control and will usually require you to remove these sway bars before backing-up and making tight turns. The Fastway e2™ hitch is designed so you can get on the road faster and enjoy your drive.
BUILT-IN SWAY CONTROL
The Fastway e2™ hitches have the convenience of Integrated Sway Control™ built into the hitch; so you have sway control engaged whenever you are hitched up and towing. The e2™ utilizes unique sway control brackets instead of old ‘add-on’ sway bars or cam type attachments that are added to chain style hitches. Integrated sway control offers many benefits including no backing or turning restrictions, and simple and easy to understand adjustments. Built with sway control in mind, the e2™ hitch is better than a chain style hitch with add-on sway control devices.
SWAY CONTROL BRACKETS
The unique rigid sway control brackets provide the convenience of integrated Sway Control™ through two points of linear steel on steel friction. Instead of the spring arm swinging back and forth freely at the bottom of a chain, e2’s spring arms rest on top of a bare metal bracket. This improvement alone significantly reduces driver fatigue and stress while towing, not to mention making it easier to use than chain style hitches on the market.
Without proper weight distribution drivers can experience highway hop, loss of steering control, and sagging of the tow vehicle.
The e2 hitch changes the way the tow vehicle and trailer couple together. It creates a bridge between them, helping them work together like one unit instead of two, and distributing the weight more evenly to the axles of both vehicles. When set up properly, the steering wheels will stay more firmly planted on the ground.
- Evenly distributes weight over axles of tow vehicle and trailer for improved stability and control
- Creates a level ride for both tow vehicle and trailer
- Integrated 2-Point Frictional Sway Control prevents side-to-side movement
- Brackets keep spring bars in place for a rigid system that holds trailer in line. “like its on rails!”
- Steel-on-steel friction prevents sway caused by winds or sudden maneuvers
- No lift chains – eliminate unwanted movement
- Unique design makes system compatible with surge-type brake actuators
- Trunnion spring bars flex for a controlled, even ride
- No-drilling! Clamp-on brackets can be adjusted along the trailer A-frame
- Desired tilt is achieved with traditional washer design
- Add or remove washers from spacer rivet to tilt head up or down
- Powder coated steel construction is durable and corrosion resistant
- Snap-up lever eases installation by reducing lifting required by trailer jack
- Australian Standard 50 mm ball included
The Fastway e2™ Sway Control Weight Distribution Hitch comes without a shank. A standard with a 3” drop/rise shank is available in the accessories list. Depending on the height variations between the Tow Vehicle tow bar receiver and trailer coupler you may require larger drop/rise shank which are available in 4”, 6” and 8”. These variations will vary depending on your setup. Refer to the size shank options below to help calculate your required configuration.
- Model Number: PR94-00-08NS
- GTM Weight Sizes: 8,000lbs (3500kg)
- Weight of Hitch: 37-38kg
- Tow Ball Weight Rating: Maximum 350 kg (800lbs)
- Receiver Size: 2 inch
- Finish Colour: Black
Warranty Period: 1 Year
Warranty Details: Please CLICK HERE for Warranty Information on this product
- We ship Australia-wide with national road express freight companies such as Star Track, TNT and Toll.
- Small Items are sent with Australia Post via regular post.
- Delivery times are generally 3-5 days from day of dispatch for major cities (sometimes quicker). Please allow longer for regional and remote areas.
- Once your item(s) have been dispatched, we will provide you freight tracking information so you can track your delivery to your door.
- Items are fully insured during the freight process.
- Unfortunately we cannot deliver to PO Boxes.
- For further details on our Delivery Process you can visit our Delivery Page HERE.
Important Covid-19 Comment: during these difficult times, our dispatch and delivery times are longer than normal. Please allow additional days for delivery over and above the normal estimates outlined above.
Be The First To Review This Product!
Help other CARAVANRVCAMPING users shop smarter by writing reviews for products you have purchased.
What is the purpose of a Weight Distribution Hitch?
Weight Distribution Hitches prevent the rear of a tow vehicle from sagging when the weight of the caravan or trailer is added to the tow ball. In this way the front of the tow vehicle and the rear of the caravan or trailer does not lift.
Are Weight Distribution Hitches the same as anti-sway devices?
No, weight distribution hitches (WDH's) are not anti-sway devices. Some WDH's do however reduce sway, but only those that specify that this is the case.
How do I know what the maximum tow ball weig
The max tow ball weight is usually indicated on the product listing and it is calculated as 10% of the gross trailer mass (GTM). The use of a Weight Distribution Hitch does NOT increase the max tow ball capacity.
How do I choose a Weight Distribution Hitch for my vehicle?
You need to take the following into consideration when selecting a WDH:
- How much weight your caravan puts on your tow ball
- How much room you have on the A-frame to mount the WDH
- The types of brakes your caravan or trailer has
- The height of your tow ball
Read the product information carefully for each WDH you are considering to ensure they meet all your requirements.
When do I use a trunnion / straight bar hitch and when would I rather opt for a round bar hitch?
It depends on the depth of the A-frame and where the coupling is situated. The trunnion hitch is designed for an underslung coupling and will provide more ground clearance. The round bar hitch is designed for coupling above the tow bar and provides more clearance from the A-frame.
Can I still use a Weight Distribution Hitch if I have electric brakes on my caravan?
Yes, you can. However, it is important to note that the WDH will inhibit the manual override function of the electric brakes. You are still able to use a WDH, but you need to allow for harder braking.
Can these be used with the Ford Ranger?
No these cannot be used with the Ford Ranger without modifications