Dometic IBIS 4 Caravan Air Conditioner
Caravan Air Conditioner
Reviews: Rated 5/5 based on 25 reviews. SKU: IBIS4-ADB-KIT Learn More»
Dometic IBIS 4 - Roof Mounted Caravan Air Conditioner with Inverter Technology
The Dometic IBIS Mk4 roof top air conditioner is the next generation of the Dometic IBIS Range, with a new sleek design the new IBIS MK 4 is not only lighter than the IBIS MK 3, it is also much quieter and more efficient than its predecessors. Inverter technology and universal aperture mounting kit makes the IBIS 4 interchangeable with any RV Air Conditioner on the market.
- Automatic Display Brightness: Ambient light sensor automatically adjusts brightness of display
- Auto Mode: Set temperature & system will decide mode and fan speed
- Sleep Mode: Sleep mode reduces fan speed and compressor speed for reduced noise
- Direct Mode Selection: Key modes are at your fingertips
- Turbo Fan Speed: Higher fan speed for faster cooldown
- Compressor Type: New Generation Variable Speed Compressor
- LIN-BUS/CI-BUS: Connectivity with CI-BUS compatible control panels
- Optimised Airflow: Increased efficiency and reduced noise
- Low Fan Noise: 3 Standard Speeds (Less fan noise than IBIS3)
- Low Profile ADB: 48mm height
- 2 Piece ADB: Simplified assembly due to reduced number of ADB parts
- Dual Cylinder Inverter Compressor: Reduced vibration highly effective
- Weight: 40kg
- Nominal (Compressor Capacity): 3600W
- Cooling Capacity (ISO5151): 620W to 2878W
- Heating Capacity (ISO5151): 981W to 3029W
- Current Draw (Cooling/Heating): 2.2A to 8.0A / 2.2A to 7.5A
- Start-up Current: Less than 6.9A
- Fan Speeds: 4 (Including Turbo Speed)
- Roof Opening Fitment: 400 x 400mm or 360 x 360mm (universal)
- Dimensions: (L) 1112mm x (W) 758mm x (H) 230mm
- Suits roofs thicknesses: From 20mm - 100mm, if above 100mm see - Extension Duct Kit Ibis MK4
- Operating temperature range: -2 degrees and 52 degrees
Want to replace your existing Caravan Air Conditioner with an IBIS 4?
Replacing your existing air conditioner has never been easier with the IBIS 4 being able to fit into both, 360mm x 360mm and 400mmm x 400mm roof cut-outs. Currently, all RV air conditioners across all brands are made to suit these two sized cut-outs mentioned above. Not all RV air conditioners are made to suit both and having a unit that fits all existing apertures takes the hassle out of selecting the right air conditioner for your caravan.
Check that you have enough space available on your roof! Whilst the Ibis 4 overall length is physically like most other brand air conditioners measuring in at 1120mm in length, the slightly different mounting offset can make the Ibis 4 sit a further 100mm back (approx.) from where your existing similar sized unit currently is positioned. Any solar panels or hatches that are mounted extremely close to the rear of your existing air conditioner may hinder the installation of your Ibis 4. To be safe - allow an extra 200mm of space behind your existing unit. To be exact - you need 840mm minimum clearance measured from the centre of your roof cut-out rearward of free space.
Product Category RV Air Conditioners
Best For Vehicle Length Up to 7m
Cooling Capacity: 2.6 kW
Dimensions: 758 x 230 x 1112 mm (W x H x L) (Rooftop Dimensions)
Roof Opening: 360 x 360 mm and 400 x 400 mm (W x D)
Weight: 40 Kg
NOTE: see full product specifications & further product info in the Description section on this page.
Warranty Period: 3 Years
Warranty Details: Please CLICK HERE for Warranty Information on this product
- We ship Australia-wide with national road express freight companies such as Star Track, TNT and Toll.
- Small Items are sent with Australia Post via regular post.
- Delivery times are generally 3-5 days from day of dispatch for major cities (sometimes quicker). Please allow longer for regional and remote areas.
- Once your item(s) have been dispatched, we will provide you freight tracking information so you can track your delivery to your door.
- Items are fully insured during the freight process.
- Unfortunately we cannot deliver to PO Boxes.
- For further details on our Delivery Process you can visit our Delivery Page HERE.
Important Covid-19 Comment: during these difficult times, our dispatch and delivery times are longer than normal. Please allow additional days for delivery over and above the normal estimates outlined above.
Dometic Ibis4 AirconditionerBy: Kevin Ayers on 24 October 2020We live in the Northern Territory and wanted a airconditioner for our House Boat in the build up. The Dometic Ibis 4 fitted the bill and was easily installed by myself. It works an absolute treat and easily runs off our 2kva generator. I could not believe how quickly it cools the boat down our cabin is approximately 9mtrs by 2.5mtrs wide and 2.5mtrs high. Highly recommend the Dometic Ibis 4.
Ibus 4By: Shane Curzon on 30 July 2020Fantastic aircon unit ,had it going in -1 to 30+ and been great ,does it’s job fast and is nice and quiet on the sleep setting.recommend this product.
Dometic Ibis 4By: Dave Phillis on 20 July 2020Arrived safely and fitted up perfectly. System is smooth on start up and is very effective in both heating and cooling modes.
Dometic Ibis 4 Caravan Air conditionerBy: Dewi Jones on 19 July 2020Delivery was fast and efficient. The Air con was well packaged but just a note be very careful to store the Air con the right way up although marked on the box it is very small and not obvious . The Air con appears to be very efficient both heating and cooling. It is quiet in operation and looks a really good unit fitted beautifully on our Winnebago motor home. Would certainly deal with CaravanRVCamping again.
Dometic Air Con Ibis 4By: Rita Richards on 27 June 2020Love how compact this air con is. Inside & out. We had a Coleman Marc & it was noisy. This one is very quite & looks great. Bought from CaravanRVCamping as I have purchased from them before. Had a little trouble getting Air Con as they couldn’t tell me if it had left warehouse or not. No tracking number as Dometic’s computers were off line. But after several phone calls & emails Paul was great in offering me my money back if I wasn’t prepared to wait. But After 2 & 1/2 weeks it finally arrived. I never had any problems in the past with this company. Would recommend them for any product they sell.
- We have an older model ibis Mkll and are looking to upgrade to a new unit after feeling the heat this summer whilst on our holiday break, we have noticed the new Aircommand Ibis MK4 is now available and the unit looks fantastic. Just wanting to know if it will fit in the same size hole in our roof? Is it a direct replacement for previous models? Many thanks in advance.Hi There, yes, the new Ibis Mk4 has taken the RV market by storm. There have been multiple upgrades to the unit which intern is leaving the rest of the rivals in its wake, The Ibis Mk4 has a integrated adaption kit to suits existing apertures 400 x 400mm or 360 x 360mm there for making it a suitable replacement for all previous models of the Ibis and almost every RV air conditioner on the market.
- Hi, I have an Aircommand sparrow installed on my full height caravan and is over 8 years of age. I'm wanting to upgrade to a bigger more powerful unit but still want to keep a sleek low-profile design as I don't have much room to fit under my garage. Is the Ibis MK4 a low-profile design?Hello, Yes, the Ibis Mk4 is one of the most low-profile sleek designs on the market. The total height of the unit is 230mm making it only 15mm higher than your Aircommand Sparrow, fingers crossed for you and hope this suits.
- Hi, we have an old Dometic roof top air conditioner on our caravan and are interested in the Ibis Mk4. What is the overall installed weight of this unit? As we are right on the border with our weight levels as it is.The total installed weight of the Ibis Mk4 is 40Kgs, 8Kgs lighter than the previous model which means every little bit to its user as the authorities are cracking down on road users who are overweight with their caravans, trailers etc.
- Hello, I own a pop top caravan and am very interested in the new Dometic Ibis MK 4. I have already purchased the H-frame to suit and was just wondering if this unit will still fit my roof thickness as the H-frame nearly doubles my roof thickness. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated?Hi, great question, the Ibis MK 4 accommodates roof thicknesses from 20mm - 100mm. If your roof thicknesses goes beyond 100mm you will need to purchase an Extension Duct Kit - Ibis MK4, for every 10mm over you will need one duct per every 10mm. I hope this helps and thank you for your enquiry.