HAPPY DIGITAL-8 MARK 3 ANTENNA. HW-DT8 MARK 3
Reviews: Rated 4/5 based on 3 reviews. SKU: 900-02403 Learn More»
Happy Wanderer Antenna - DT8 Mark 3
A reliable means of securing flawless TV reception in your caravan or RV, the Happy Wanderer DT8 antenna has been a popular motor home accessory for years. This new and improved model of the antenna offers unparalleled ease of installation, effortlessly fitting into – and dismantling from – your current Happy Wanderer brackets and mast.
Featuring a patented dual loop design, the antenna guarantees a consistent high gain, receiving your favourite channels even when your motor home is parked in remote locations. Equipped to receive both UHF and VHF signals, horizontal as well as vertical, the Happy Wanderer DT8 antenna is fully compatible with HD TV tuners. Its innovative design outfits it with a swing head adapter that enables the dual loop setup to pivot to either a horizontal or a vertical orientation, thus expanding its range of covered channels to even low powered DTV country stations.
In addition to this, a 70° beamwidth ensures that the antenna isn’t directly in line with a transmission tower. The Happy Wanderer DT8 is built for outdoor use, with its UPVC plastic body and non-corrosive plugs and cables. It is supplied with a digital screw Thru-Van-Wall kit for DIY installation, as well as a carry bag for storing the antenna when not in use. Masts and brackets are not included, but standard masts with diameters ranging from 20mm to 40mm can easily support the Happy Wanderer DT8.
- Patented dual loop design for consistent high gain
- Receives both UHF and VHF signals
- Can assume both horizontal and vertical positions thanks to its swing head adapter
- Can receive low powered DTV stations such as those broadcasting country channels
- Fully compatible with HD TV tuners
- Extremely simple installation on all standard Happy Wanderer masts with diameters ranging from 20mm to 40mm
- Supplied with non-corrosive inside and outside cables and Thru-Van-Wall DIY installation kit
- Features a UPVC plastic body and durable build
- Covered by a 5 year warranty
- Includes: Integrated diplexer, Tapered Loop Technology, Digital Thru-Van-Wall Kit, all Cables (RG6 compression with non-corrosive lugs), Carry bag
- Suits: all existing Happy Wanderer brackets and masts
- Finish: UPVC plastic
- Beam Width: 70° (which means your antenna doesn’t have to be directly inline with a transmission tower)
- VHF MHz: channel 6-12
- UHF MHz: channel 28 69
- Max Gain: 10.4dBi (UHF), 3.1dBi (VHF)
- Dimensions (with antenna rods NOT extended): 295mm (W) x 500mm (H) x 165 (D)
- Weight: 2.04kg
Brand Coast to Coast
Product Category Rv TVs and Media
Dimensions: 500 x 295 x 165 mm (H x W x D) (with antenna rods not extended)
NOTE: see full product specifications & further product info in the Description section on this page.
Warranty Period: 1 Year
Warranty Details: Please CLICK HERE for Warranty Information on this product
- We ship Australia-wide with national road express freight companies such as Star Track, TNT and Toll.
- Small Items are sent with Australia Post via regular post.
- Delivery times are generally 3-5 days from day of dispatch for major cities (sometimes quicker). Please allow longer for regional and remote areas.
- Once your item(s) have been dispatched, we will provide you freight tracking information so you can track your delivery to your door.
- Items are fully insured during the freight process.
- Unfortunately we cannot deliver to PO Boxes.
- For further details on our Delivery Process you can visit our Delivery Page HERE.
Important Covid-19 Comment: during these difficult times, our dispatch and delivery times are longer than normal. Please allow additional days for delivery over and above the normal estimates outlined above.
HWDT8 mark 3 AntennaBy: Alf Pereira on 4 October 2019
orks well in the city area, but I haven't tried in the country side as yet, but hopefully it will also work well. The only issue I found is that the antenna does not snugly fit onto a standard caravan antenna pole and that causes the antenna to turn around with the wind. This can be easily fixed by drilling a small hole on the plastic base, glue a small nut on the side and then tighten the antenna base with a screw to the pole. I did this and it fits perfectly and does not move. Perhaps the manufacturer could look at this issue and design the base of the antenna with such adjustable screw (similar to other antennas made in China), which would allow the antenna to be adjustable to fit any pole size. Overall the antenna seems to be of good quality and was easy to assemble The delivery from Caravan RV Camping was timely and the item was well packaged. I am happy and recommend it.
Happy Wanderer DT-8 Mark 3 AntennaBy: John Koffal on 12 November 2018
Have used the antenna once so far, only the antenna - didn't buy the booster. Very happy - picked up 70 channels at Brunswick Heads Massey Greene caravan park with good signal all hours of the day and night for the 4 days we were there. My old antenna with a booster picked up about 20 channels, some flaky at different times. So far so good. Quick and easy to setup and carry bag is very useful.
Great TV reception with no effortBy: Michael Cross on 5 September 2018
To try this antenna out i set it up on a broom handle cable tied to the boat rack of my camper trailer. Without any effort made to find a signal we received crystal clear reception on all available channels. This was almost too easy. Great product.
Do You Have Any Questions?