Truma Saphir Comfort Ducted Air Conditioner
Under Bunk Air Conditioner
Reviews: Rated 5/5 based on 1 reviews. SKU: T-SAPHIR-RCKIT Learn More»
Truma Saphir Reverse Cycle Air Conditioner - 2.4KW Cooling - 1.7KW Heating
Offering caravans, campers and RVs 2.4KW of cooling and 1.7KW of heating abilities, through a single air conditioning unit, the Truma Saphir Comfort packages sophistication, comfort and convenience into one intelligently designed reverse cycle ducted air conditioner. A perfect weatherproofing solution for caravans and motor homes up to 6.5m in length, the product is supplied ready for installation, its compact proportions and minimal weight (only 23.5kg) allowing it to fit comfortably under the vehicle’s cupboard or bed.
The heating and cooling power of this Truma air conditioner is supported by immense ease of use. All functions of the unit can be accessed through a remote control (supplied with the product), or by means of a separately purchasable Truma CP Plus digital control panel that can simultaneously control this air conditioner and a compatible hot water system.
The "Saphir Comfort" Truma air conditioner comes with a fair degree of automation, monitoring the temperature within your motor home, besides allowing you to schedule any operation by means of its handy timer function. The most compact reverse cycle air conditioner for motor homes at this performance rating, the Truma Saphir Comfort is a valuable addition to any RV, caravan or camper that spends a significant amount of time on the road.
- Suitable for caravans, RVs and campers up to 6.5m in length
- Powerful cooling ability of 2.4KW
- Heat pump-based heating at 1.7KW
- Efficient heating and cooling, with automatic monitoring of interior temperature
- Programmed with dehumidification feature
- Ultra-lightweight unit, weighing only 23.5kg
- Extremely compact proportions for ease of installation; fits comfortably under a motor home’s bed or cupboard
- Supplied ready to install
- Supplied with full-function remote control that allows access to all functions
- Can be optionally accessed by separately purchasable Truma CP Plus digital panel, which will also control a hot water system
- Comes with timer function for scheduling of heating and cooling tasks
- Practical timer function
- Included: 1x Circulation air intake grill, 3x Clip US, 3x End outlet with Air throttle suits T-pipe LT, 3x End outlet Nut EM
- Operation: 240V
- Best for vehicle length: Up to 6.5m
- Single Phase Electrical Rating: 230-240 volts
- Cooling Capacity: 2.4kW
- Heating Capacity: 1.7kW
- Current Draw (Cooling/Heating): 4.2A / 3.7 A
- Operating Temperature Range: 4 to 43C
- Max Airflow: 380m3/h (105L/s)
- Blower Speeds: 3 + Sleep Mode
- Remote Control: Yes
- Functions: Integrated heat pump function, highly efficient, delivers exceptionally high performance
- Dimensions: 400 x 290 x 628mm
- Weight: 23.5Kg
- Warranty: 2 years
Not what your looking for? Feel free to browse the rest of our range of Truma RV Air Conditioners, Air Conditioner Parts, Roof Top Air Conditioners & Built-In Air Conditioners - For any further information or to speak our fridge experts dial -1800 RV PARTS
SKU : T-SAPHIR-RCKIT
Brand : Truma
GTIN : 4052816024912
Product Category : RV Air Conditioners
Best For Vehicle Length : Up to 6.5m
Cooling Capacity: 2.4 kW
Dimensions: 400 x 290 x 628 mm (W x H x L)
Weight: 23.5 Kg
NOTE: see full product specifications & further product info in the Description section on this page.
- We ship Australia-wide with national road express freight companies such as Star Track, Australia Post, TNT and Toll.
- Delivery times are generally 3-5 days from day of dispatch for major cities (sometimes quicker). Please allow longer for regional and remote areas.
- Once your item(s) have been dispatched, we will provide you freight tracking information so you can track your delivery to your door.
- Items are fully insured during the freight process.
- Unfortunately we cannot deliver to PO Boxes.
- For further details on our Delivery Process you can visit our Delivery Page HERE.
Important Covid-19 Comment: during these difficult times, our dispatch and delivery times are longer than normal. Please allow additional days for delivery over and above the normal estimates outlined above.
EXCELLANT UNITBy: RON TROUGHTON on 23 April 2019I purchased and installed the Truma AC unit under the double bed in our 16' Avan "The Oscar". The unit came with all instructions and a floor cut out template which was very handy. You need to ensure that the inlet air, outlet air and both condensate drain holes are clear of any metal framework, wiring ,gas or water pipes underneath before you cut the holes in the floor. I had to position the unit to clear a floor support bar under the caravan. I cut the internal inlet air grill on one side of the under bed cupboard and had 2 conditioned air exhausts at the front of the bed and one on the opposite side to the inlet air grill. Lucky I could easily hide the power connections under the bed where the caravan 240v control is and ran the AC control cable internally up into the side of another tall cupboard. The unit works very well. It is not noisy as I fixed a 3mm yoga mat between the unit and the floor just in case. The remote control works well, is easy to use and easy to pair with the wall sensor. Very happy as it is a quality unit.
Q) I have a 22 foot off road full height caravan and looking for a under bunk reverse cycle air conditioner, will the Truma Saphir suit my requirements?
A) Yes, the Truma Saphir will comfortably heat and cool a 22-foot caravan as it has a internal cooling and heating capacity up to 6.5 metres.
Q) We are wanting to install an air conditioner in our pop top caravan and was wondering if a roof top or under bunk unit is better for our pop top application?
A) Great question, you can install either a roof top mount or under bunk air conditioner although there are a few pros and cons of each unit in your application. Firstly, the roof top installation will be more time laborious as a hole has to be cut in the roof, 240-volt power has to be run and a H - frame will more than likely be required for structure and rigidity. There for the labour factor will be higher than having a under bunk unit installed and will be costiler on the hip pocket. Installing a under bunk unit is more cost effective all though you will lose a minimal amount of space as the under bunk is installed under your bed or dinette seating arrangement, under bunk units are usually a little bit more expensive than roof top units so it will all boil down to the owner's personal preference.
Q) I've got a Truma saphir installed in my caravan which was the best decision I've made since owning the caravan, it serves its purpose in every way possible in high and low ambient temperatures and could not be happier. Just wanting some advice on what size generator is suitable to run this unit?
A) That's great to hear, the Truma Saphir is a superior unit and always gets the job done efficiently and economically. The required generator to start and run the Saphir is a Briggs and Stratton 3kva Invertor Generator which is compatible with all our Rooftop and Under Bunk Air Conditioning Range.
Q) We have a small Jayco caravan and are thinking of installing the saphir, we are a family of five and are just concerned because of limited space. The unit will have to be installed under the dinette, in our arrangement our youngest sleeps right on top of where we are wanting to install the unit, will the noise level of operation be too loud for someone to get to sleep?
A) No, as the Truma Saphir is the quietest under bunk air conditioner on the market and even with the fan on high and the unit working at its maximum capacity it's still whisper quiet and you would not even know the unit is in operation. So, to answer your question yes it will be fine to install the Truma Saphir in your required position.